Sunday, July 20, 2008

the summer of shayla

The summer is almost over. School will begin again soon. Shayla will be 12 weeks old this Wednesday. What a ride it has been. The Summer of Shayla is pretty much over.

Let me just say for all you ladies out there that have not had a baby - BABIES are ALOT of WORK. I can hear mommies all over shouting their amens. Now, this is not my first baby, but as I am much older this time around, it took more out of me. I would like to say that so far this has been a magical and beautiful experience..... but I cannot. The first two months were not enjoyable. I really did remind myself DAILY that this was time with her was special and fleeting and that I should enjoy it. I told myself I was going to miss this. Right now I can honestly look back on the first two months and say I do not miss it, nor do I ever want to do it again.

I have really just started to really enjoy her since she hit about 9 weeks old. I had a really hard time at first with this baby. I got a serious case of the baby blues, as they call it. When I think back on it, it was a dark time for me. I now look forward to holding her and taking care of her. She is such a sweet sweet sweetness. From this point on I can say I will miss holding her and loving her at this age, even when she is fussy and has bad days, she feels so good to hold and love.

I wonder if I wait another twelve years and have a baby if I will forget the terribleness of the first two months and do it again? I just don't remember it being this way with Alysha, but it very well could have been. (of course, in twelve years I will be well into my 40's ....) I have no plans of having anymore though. Two was always my limit. Two is plenty, in my humble opinion. I think I will wait for my first born to have some and enjoy them. Grandbabies are so much more fun (or so I hear).

1 comment:

Nilla said...

And now it's time to sit back and enjoy the rest of the time with her :). So glad you are feeling better! Loveya girlie!