Friday, August 29, 2008

out with the old................

Sleep wonderful sleep. The Sweetness sleeps 12 hours a night. Um, yeah, you read that right - TWELVE HOURS. I rock her every night at 8:00 and she sleeps until 8 or 8:30 the next morning. It is her special gift to me. She has been doing this since she was three months old.

But, there is a problem.

She does not take naps during the day. She will sleep as long as I hold her, but the SECOND I lay her down, her BIG EYES pop open! It does not matter how tired she gets, she WILL NOT lay down and sleep. By the afternoon she gets ill cause she has not had a nap so I started holding so she would nap. I started this week just laying her in her crib and letting her cry, thinking that eventually she would fall asleep. I mean, after thirty minutes of screaming, she was no where near sleeping. This little baby never cries, so I hate to just lay her down and let her scream. One day I never held her and she fell asleep on the floor playing - (which is rare). But, she only slept thirty minutes. If we go somewhere in the car, she will take her nap then. She slept in the car today while I ran errands for two hours. sigh... I wish she would sleep like that at home.
This is my dilemma.

Do I just refuse to hold her and she does not get a nap, or do I spend an hour a day with a sweet Shayla in my arms? Its not that I mind holding her, just that I have laundry to do, a house to clean, and an 8th grader to home school. Mostly I don't want to do the wrong thing and pay for it later. Ya know, start a routine that is hard to break.... although it might be too late for that. I feel bad complaining about this since she does sleep so well ALL night long... sigh.

ON A SIDE NOTE
I am tired of this layout. I need to change it. How do I do that, does anyone know? Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated. I wanna revamp my whole page!! No more pregnant shots, that chapter of the book is CLOSED. haha. Not something I wanna relive every time I blog.

3 comments:

Nilla said...

If you go into your edit area there should be several tabs along the top that give you choices for changing stuff. One's labeled "posting"... That should let you change your background too.

I wish I knew what advice to give on the other, but you know I have no experience there. I understand the predicament of not wanting to get her into something that would be hard to break. And yes, you have tons to do as a mommy and wife. It is wonderful she's such a great night sleeper!

Oh, and I just finished listening to We Belong :). Loveya girlie :).

Nicole said...

Have you tried letting her nap in her carseat inside the house? SOme of my friends say that really worked for them... I would be NUTS without their naptime!! I will tell you this, Harrison never took good/long naps when he was smaller, but as he got older, his naps got better. Hang in there! There is hope!!

Katherine Ronachert said...

joshua went through a phase like that. i finally started using one of those swings to supplement. after awhile he started napping in his crib again.
maybe she just likes to feel enclosed?
good luck!