Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The cookie party

Last night I went to a cookie party. I have never been to one before and it turned out to be lots of fun. You have to bake half a dozen cookies for every person that comes. There were fourteen of us there, so we had to bake seven dozen cookies each. It sounds like alot of baking, but most recipes make 2 dozen or more, so it really is not to bad. The good part is you go home with seven dozen cookies, same amount you came with, just a bunch of different kinds.

I picked a new cookie I had never made before. They were called Andies Candies Cookies. I picked them caused they sounded good AND mostly cause one batch made ten dozen cookies. I thought it would make my life easier. :) I was right.

Last night at the party we voted on best cookie, most original cookie and tastiest cookie and I won for tastiest cookie!! How cool is that? I love to win stuff. Here is my award winning cookie recipe. It is made with those andies mints that you can buy at walmart or walgreens. The recipe said you only needed three boxes, but I had to use 4. ENJOY!





Andies Candies Cookies
Makes approx. 10 dozen

3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons water
2 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips
2 1/2 cup flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 boxes Andes candies

In sauce pan over low heat, melt butter; add sugar and water. Then add chocolate chips. Stir until partially melted. Remove from heat; stir , then cool for 5 minutes. Add eggs and dry ingredients; mix with a mixer on low speed until blended. Chill 1 hour. Make into little balls and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes. While still hot, put Andies candy mint on each cookie, let it get soft then swirl mint with spoon. Cool on baking rack.

2 comments:

Nilla said...

Im so trying these :). I LOVE chocolate and mint.

Yay for having the tastiest cookies! That's awesome!

Kristin said...

Mee toooo!. I use to steal these from my Uncle Joe. Everytime I would go to his house he always had a bowl full of them. When your a kid you never know when it's enough. He would never seem to mind. That dadgum jar was ALWAYS full..except when I would have come and then gone. haha