Sunday, December 21, 2008

thirty, flirty, and thriving!

Yesterday was my thirtieth birthday. I cannot believe I have left my twenty's. I am no longer "twenty-something." I am officially old. LOL. The good news is that we got to come to D-town after all. So I was able to spend my birthday weekend around family and friends. Friday night was appetizer night with the pregnant princess. Saturday was a massive shopping morning and that night we went to an expensive restaurant with Kdarling (aka pregnant princess) and ate like kings and queens.

I am so blessed. When I was a teenager my mom started an awesome tradition with me that we still continue today. It is a birthday week. Every year, the week leading up to your birthday, you get one present a day. In general the gifts are small and sorta 'build up' as the week progresses. The gifts are normally small inexpensive things, nothing major. It has turned out to be the best tradition. I love it. Last year, my baby girl turned 12 and I started her first birthday week. I love traditions, especially ones that involve me getting presents. Who wouldn't?

What cool traditions do you have?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hate that I couldn't be there with you. I missed out all the way over here. :(
We miss you all and hope you have a great Christmas. Take lots of pictures of baby's first Christmas!!
Love you all,
Katy

Linda said...

I LOVE that idea! As you may know from reading my blog, I try to spread out Christmas that way by giving a family gift each Sunday in Advent as well as individual gifts on Christmas Eve. Birthday week is an awesome idea! I will have to start it with my teenagers!

Nilla said...

Love that movie! We should live closer so we could watch it together to celebrate ;).

Anonymous said...

You are not old, mom! when you hit your 40's, ur half way there.(no offense to anyone who is in there 40's) :D ur only 30! That's not bad. and I bet I could get a million people to agree with me.

Lysha