Monday, December 8, 2008

randomness


Shayla has morphed into a fussy girl. It seemingly happened overnight. I do believe she is teething, do to her gnawing on stuff and her upset tummy. I do hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel. If all her teeth do this to her, her mommy just might not survive.

It seems like I have had a lot of disappointments lately. Shayla's doctor, who I LOVE, suddenly stopped taking our insurance. I was so upset.

The biggest upset of all was finding out we will not be able to go home and see family for Christmas. Hubby's command decided not to give them holiday time off, like the other command used to do. He normally gets 9 days off at Christmas/New Years. Not this year...... But, either way, Christmas is coming and it is something to look forward to. It will be just the four of us.

On the other hand, my 30th is also coming and it is NOT something to look forward to. Since I will not be in my hometown, I will not even get to do anything really cool. I guess there will be no party or fanfare on this important occasion. Interestingly enough, I am really not dreading turning 30. I won't sink into a deep depression, like some do. I just wanted to celebrate in a cool, adult, childless kinda way. wink wink.

Just to add to my doldrums, I noticed my hair is growing back. (Remember, it fell out after I had The Sweetness) Unfortunately, I am seeing little tufts of new growth that are mostly devoid of color - white.

Speaking of old.................My oldest will soon turn thirteen in two months. Yikes! It just doesn't seem real. When we go out in public, people have a hard time believing she is mine. Not because I looking amazingly young, but mostly cause she looks like she's 16 or 17. One gentleman in Quizno's the other day could not believe she was my daughter. She told him how old she was and he turned to me and said, you look like your about 13. Lol. Ummm.... I wish. People say crazy stuff to us daily, I always respond with, "I'm older than I look" and just smile.

Going places with Shayla all dressed up is like being movie stars. Whenever I put on her little princess dresses and we go out, we get lots of attention. Yesterday we went out to a local place for brunch. People just stop and stare at that little baby girl. We felt like movie stars, all eyes on us. She is such a pretty little thing. That seems to happen when I dress her up, I am getting used to it, but I am not sure I really like all that attention. :)

Speaking of attention. When you have a baby, strangers like to give you advice that you did not ask for. I went to the mall Friday and walked around while Lysh was at the movies. One little old lady stopped me and said to Shay, "You need some socks on your little feet, why don't you have socks on?" She looks at me for effect. THEN - I was sitting in the food court and Shay was in her stroller, facing me, and I was letting her play with the plastic bag. One younger woman comes up to us and says to shay, "That is dangerous, you don't need to play with that." One day I am gonna say what I am really thinking, which is not nice enough to post on my blog. But, I was a nice mommy and said, "she's ok, I am watching her." Strangers are stupid. :) This is something that happens alot. (BTW, the little old lady touched her feet and then recanted her statement because Shays feet were so warm.)

The picture is of Shaylily's head. Lysh thought it was cool how the water droplets looked. :)

On a fun note, I have dubbed this week "The Week of Dresses." Shay has so many dresses that we really never get to wear, so we will wear a different dress everyday this week. I will be taking pics and posting them all along.

5 comments:

Who I Am: said...

i am so excited about the week of dresses! just dont forget the sockies :) lol
babies are so fun..so are bf's

love you!

Nilla said...

On the up side, though I know you will miss your family... This will be the first Christmas with Shay and also the first where you guys have your very own Christmas all day long. Think of the new memories!!! It will be wonderful. As will your birthday. I'm just sorry I won't be there to celebrate with you :(.

juliebean said...

actually we had christmas here, just us, last year. It was great, but it was kinda lonely. That is why I vowed that next year I would be around family. :) so much for that....

Nilla said...

Oh yeah! I forgot that you did that... But I came and saw you a little bit after :). And I had a blast playing Catch Phrase Jr.!! "Tube of corn" indeed ;).

Katherine Ronachert said...

oh it just burns me up when people touch my children, especially babies. i could be slightly neurotic though. ;)
Also, i get the whole "no way your 30 look" all the time!