Monday, April 13, 2009

life in the sunshine

I am on vacation. The USCG sent Jon to Honda School and we got to come along for free. A fabulously free vacation - courtesy of the military. I am sitting in my Hilton hotel room, relaxing. That's right, The Hilton. The CG gives us a certain amount of money for hotel room and food. Normally, I would choose a nice, cheaper hotel so that we would make money on the trip --- Not this time. I picked a very pricey 4 star hotel. Why? Because I am worth it!! We are always saving and cutting corners and doing the "right thing". This time, if we use all the money and make nothing.... who cares? This time, I was not going to do the responsible thing and go cheap.

We have a one bedroom suite right on I-Drive. It has hardwood floors and granite countertops. It has a state of the art fitness center, a huge heated pool and a free breakfast that makes golden corral look bad. During the week it has a free "light" meal and free wine from 5 - 7:00! I will have to go check that out today and see what that is all about. It is even has grocery service. You leave your grocery list at the front desk before 9:00 and they will buy them for you and have them in your room by 6:00 that night - for free. (you pay for the groceries, from publix) It is a home away from home. I love it. It is like a little apartment, it has it all. Oh, it also has two plasma screen tv's, one in the den, one in the bedroom.

We got here yesterday and Shay loves it. She crawled all over the place and inspected the room. There is not a coffee table, but a leather ottoman, which is great for a baby cause she can play on it. There is not alot she can get into, so i am not having to say NO all the time. Today we got up and hit the breakfast, the girls and I. (Jon is at school, he leaves early). Then we came back to the room and relaxed till shay's nap. Alysha and I napped while Shay did... because we are on vacation.... woohoo. I love to nap.

When shay got up, we all dressed in our swim suits and hit the pool. The cool thing about staying on I-drive is that all the people here are going to the parks. Even though the hotel is at full capacity, the pool is almost empty during the day. Since the pool is heated, I took shay in with me. She LOVED it. She splashed and laughed. At one point I accidentially dipped her head underwater, she got a little water in her nose. lol. It was her fault, she bit me!!

After we got tired of the water, we came back up to the 'apt' and I put shay down for nap number 2 of the day. As soon as she awakens, we will walk down I-drive to one of the 100 restaurants that are within walking distance and go eat something fabulous, since we get eating money from the CG.

This is pretty much how our days are going to go this week. lysh and I are planning to hit the fitness center in the afternoons, when jon is here. It is not a safe place for a baby that is on the go. Of course, we will go out to eat with the hubby every night. We plan to shop at all the different malls and outlets, cause there are a few, and basically see all there is to see in O-town. I would never live here, but it is a great place to vacation.

16 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds fabulous! I will live vicariously through you. :)

Nilla said...

Awesome!!! That does sound like a nice, relaxing week :). Let someone else do the laundry, etc etc :). And I've always wanted to stay in a really nice hotel too. Just something to do. I think I did -- in Canada. But since we weren't there as long as you are, I don't think I got to know the perks all that well ;). So anyway, girlie... Live it up!!! See ya soon!!!

Katherine Ronachert said...

updates, please!!!

Katherine Ronachert said...

lucky you!!!

Katherine Ronachert said...

the only time i was allowed to accompany elliott once to dc and we stayed in the tlf. not bad, but not exotic!

Katherine Ronachert said...

what i would give for the shore right now.

Katherine Ronachert said...

hope you enjoy the great nilla and new kids... does the combination get any better than that?

Katherine Ronachert said...

wow, i'm running out of things to say.

Katherine Ronachert said...

how am i going to get to 15?

Katherine Ronachert said...

i'll have to tell jokes...

Katherine Ronachert said...

first.
what do you call a cow with a twitch?

Katherine Ronachert said...

beef jerky!

Katherine Ronachert said...

ha ha ha

Katherine Ronachert said...

how many lemons grow on a lemon tree?

Katherine Ronachert said...

all of them!

Katherine Ronachert said...

ok, i'm signing off. it's getting close to bed time...
:)