Thursday, May 21, 2009

my one year old - The Monkey Pig


Shayla is an amazing little thing. She loves to laugh! Sissy can make her laugh out loud. Some new a cool things about her are:

She has eight teeth - 4 on top and 4 on bottom. Unfortunately she has started biting. Not hard, but just chomping on stuff, including us. haha. She also started grinding her teeth. Awful noise, but what can I do about that?

She is "walking" all over the place-- -- ON HER KNEES. She just goes all over the place on her knees. She does not even crawl that much anymore. How funny. I am so used to seeing it, it does not phase me. When I take her to the nursery the women always say how funny it looks. It is hilarious to watch apparently. I firmly believe she is just too lazy to get on her feet.

She is talking pretty good. When she sees Jon she says daddy. (it comes out daaadeeeee). She says momma, but only when she is upset and crying. She says hey/hi ALOT. She has play phones she puts up to her ear and says HI. She wakes up cooing in the morning and I can hear her thru the monitor saying HEY! When I go get her, I open the door and she is standing looking over the rail at the door, waiting for me. Of course, she says HEY again when she sees me, toooo hilarious! (Jon claims she said "hey daddy" one day, but that has not been confirmed.)

She LOVES to read. Her favorite book is the Ten Wriggly Wiggly Caterpillars. It has pop ups and everything. We have a nice nighttime routine where I read with her then lay her down. She is so sweet.

She still hates the car seat. She does not do well, even on short jaunts to town. Makes going places rough for mommy, just cause I do not like to hear her whine or fuss.

She will not eat her veggies. Peas are the only thing I can get her to eat. Kdarling gave me the great idea to put sugar on the sweet potatoes and I did manage to get her to eat those. Although I will say I have taken alot of flack for doing that even though it really did work. (who wouldn't like veggies dipped in sugar?) In my defense I put only a little bit, and I always say "Kristy told me too". So, Kdarling, you are in trouble with my mommy. hee hee. She did eat some collard greens at Aunt Grits house this weekend, that was cool. She loves fruit, especially bananas. She can eat a whole banana in one sitting - which is where the MONKEYPIG nickname came into play.

I put her in the pool this weekend and she loved it. I got a baby Kruiser float that had a top and she just sat in there and chilled out for an hour. She did not mind the cold water at all.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

What a cute Monkey-pig! Happy birthday big girl!!! What a beauty!

Nilla said...

Look at all her hair!!! And that picture of her is adorable!!! I think that's one of my favorite pics of her :). I can't wait to interact with her next week!!!

Linda said...

I love, love, love the year between 1 and 2! She'll get enough vitamins from the fruit. Don't worry about the veggies. Just keep offering them and she'll eventually eat some. It may take YEARS (trust me, I know :)

Katherine Ronachert said...

i love the updates! it's good you're documenting them (especially if you have a memory like mine!)