Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Updates..................

Life is one big roller coaster ride. These past few months have been a series of twists and turns and steep drop offs. I am happy to say that our lives seem to have plateaued out a bit. Here is the latest news in the Sund home...............

Jon was sworn in for three more years in the Coast Guard. It was a gut wrenching decision, we almost got out for good, but the Lord had other plans. We prayed fervently that we would know the right path to take in our lives and HE answered. The decision was actually taken away from us, we HAD to re-up. The reason why we had to sign back up takes me to my next update....

Jon is having revision shoulder surgery. He had surgery last May, but has not gotten any better. In fact, he is in much worse than before. He has been in more pain and finally he went to a different doctor that ran a different test that showed a rotator cuff tear. The worst part is that the first doctor supposedly fixed that, hence the revision, so we are starting from scratch and doing it all over again. yuck! We will be going to Gainesville to have a second surgery on March 3rd. Keep us in your prayers.

Through this up-and-down experience I have felt the Lord teaching and molding me. I have learned some new truths in my life and in my walk with the Lord. The most important thing He was teaching me was perseverance. As I read my Bible and prayed during this time of trial, He kept leading me to these scripture that spoke to my heart and helped to teach me what He wanted me to learn. These times of refining are always so painful, yet when you come through to the other end, you have grown so much. I am always humbled that my Savior loves me so much to continue to use me and touch my life that way. It is just too bad it has to hurt so much to grow..........

Our future is still completely up in the air. As it stands right now one of two things could happen. He could have the surgery, get better, and transfer out in July of this year.
(This is our fourth and last year at this station, so we were set to transfer out.)
or
He could not get completely better and the military could put him on a medical hold and then Med Board him right out of the coast guard, which would take six months to a year to accomplish.

We have no idea what is coming up next, but we are trusting God to lead the way. Me especially with my newly found skill of perseverance. I am not stressed out or worrying anymore. I know the Lord is working in all this. I have seen Him answer so many prayers in the last two or three months. God is so good.



4 comments:

Linda said...

Julie, I'm sorry it's been a tough couple of months. But I'm glad to know that you've grown in the Lord during that time. I know just what you mean. I hope to see that at the end of the unemployment tunnel as well.

Nilla said...

You are right, it is so hard to grow. But I know that we do become better and stronger through our trials -- as we trust in the Lord and follow where He prompts us to go. We may not understand it, but ultimately, I know He only has our best interest at heart. I am so glad things are better. You and Jon are definitely in my prayers. You know I'm here if you need me. Loveya lots, girlie :).

Katherine Ronachert said...

will definitely add you to my prayers. glad you're staying in though, the benefits are very good.

Katherine Ronachert said...

how was his surgery?