Monday, August 9, 2010

All Things New

It's a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had our ultrasound Tuesday. Jon, Alysha, Shayla and I all go back to the room. Shay and Lysh sit in the two chair and Jon stands by the bed with me. We are all staring at the 42" flat screen. :) That little baby comes up and it was so awesome! She takes some head shots and moves around and I am looking at the full body shot and I asked her, "Is that what I think it is?" She just smiles. I know I have never seen that on an ultrasound before. So she puts the arrow on the baby and says, "Can you see that dad?" It's DEFINITELY a boy. :) hahaha. It was so funny. Lysh squealed, Jon laughed, and Shay is saying, "TV, TV" She was enthralled with the big ole tv on the wall.

Then she turned up the heartbeat so we could all hear it and Shay Shouts, "BABY" :) how cute is that? How did she know that was the baby's?

All in all it was a good day. Baby is doing great. She changed my due date to December 31. We had a great time and now we know it is a boy!

The first picture shows us that it is a boy. :) There is an arrow pointing to where you need to look. haha
This is a profile picture. Just his little head, looking down on him. :) Pretty neat. Looks like an alien to me....


6 comments:

Linda said...

I HATE when they change the due date based on the baby's size! I think that's nonsense. When did you think his due date was according to the "calendar"?

Linda said...

Just subscribing to comments so I can see your answer! :)

juliebean said...

I have never understood how they can give you a date based on the measurements, not really a good estimate. With Shay we were trying to get pregnant and I could look at my calendar and tell ya the weekend it happened. But, I have no Idea when this IUD fell out. When I found out I was preggo, I look back to when he said it must have occurred, and it did not add up. By my calculations, I am a little farther along than they estimate. Jon is only home two or three days a week. :) Limits the window. hahaha

Linda said...

That's right! Well, maybe he'll come on my birthday 12/16. :)

Nilla said...

Yeah, so that picture didn't tell me much. I guess I don't know what I'm looking at ;). So I will trust you and the ultrasound technician :). Congrats! It's so exciting!

Katherine Ronachert said...

oh sweet!!! boys are an amazing amount of energy and fun!!! i love my boys!