Wednesday, December 15, 2010

37 weeks.... standing still

37 weeks along. According to my ticker, 16 days to go. Sounds good... but maybe not.

I went to the doctor yesterday. Before he did the exam he said all was good and he was ready when I was to have this baby whenever I was. (cause your considered full term at 37 weeks... so you can have that baby anytime after that.)

But, when he did my (now weekly) exam, the baby was no longer in position. He was very concerned, He stated that we would need to schedule a C-Section if the baby is improperly turned. So, he did an immediate ultra sound. That little man is curled up under my ribs, his head is just floating around in there, he is no longer in position, but he is not in a dangerous position. So, we wait til next week to see if he is moved back down to where he needs to be. There is nothing dangerous happening, but that means I am no where near going into labor. I am not dilating or moving forward cause he his is not in position. This is why I am so miserable and cannot breath and cannot get comfortable, he is literally in a little ball right over my lungs up under my ribs. As I type this, the pain and tightness in my upper stomach/rib area is intense.

Sigh....... I say, it just figures. I was so hoping that things were moving along and next week would be the time. I certainly do not want a C-section. Never had one, but I know surgery is the last thing I wanna do. I am not sure what will happen at next weeks appointment (except I know I will be violated.... hahaha). If he is still curled up, will the doctor insist on surgery? Or let me keep going to see what happens? This just kinda sucks. I just wish he would move down a little, it feels like my ribs are gonna crack.


Some things I wanna remember:

I crave Cherry flavored drinks... Juice mostly. My favorite is Welch's Cherry Burst. It is awesome and I could drink it all the time. I also like cherry 7-Up, pretty much anything cherry flavored..

I MUST.... CRUNCH.... ICE... It is not a want, it is an absolute NEED. I go nuts if we are out and about and I cannot get to some ice.. I crunch on it three or four times a day. It satisfies something in me, I just HAVE to HAVE IT! I did not do this with Shay, but with Alysha I remember crunching it some, but not to this level.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Praying for baby to get into position. Don't let that doctor push you into anything! I know waiting is hard, but it will be so much better to have waited than to have an unnecessary C-section! Praying!

Nilla said...

Baby Boy might very well turn and move on back down :). Keep the positive thoughts :).

I love all things cherry too. But I'm not preggo. That is interesting about the ice. It's funny to me how several things with this pregnancy were like with Alysha.

Katherine Ronachert said...

awesome! (about the ice)
they should let you go up until 2 weeks past your due date if all things are going well. (text book)
if the baby turns, do not do a version. it is extremely painful and you get all bruised up.
c sections not so bad. but they're scary until after you've experienced it! (isn't that life in general?)
:)
listen to your mommy meter.
best wishes!!!