Friday, February 6, 2009

nine month check up
































I took shay for her check up. All is well.

She weighs 21 lbs 7 ozs - which puts her in the 90th%.

She is 27 inches - which puts her right above the 50th%.

Her head is 19 around - which puts her ABOVE THE 97% range. As I have said many times, this baby has a big ol' head!!!! but I love that big ol' head. :)

Also, they put her on some vitamins supplements. The doc said they prescribe them to all babies starting at six months. I went to pick them and they are not covered by insurance, so I did NOT get them. I really wasn't too keen on it anyway. She looks really healthy to me. Why vitamin supplements? It seems like that would only be necessary if she was deficient.

They pricked her finger and checked her hemoglobin. Did you know that they can prick a little bitty baby's finger? I thought they did that at the heel. Her fingers are so little. It was awful.

4 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

yeah, i have a problem with the vitamin thing... i thought i was the only one.

Nilla said...

Aw! Poor Shay! Of course, I don't think the heel would be much more fun.

The vitamin thing sounds kind of iffy to me too. Probably a new way for someone to get money.

Katy Sund said...

She's so cute... even with her big ol'head. I think she looks just like her daddy. I have never heard of giving a perfectly health baby vitamin supplements either and probably wouldn't have gotten them either. I'm glad she's doing well. We love y'all.

Linda said...

I don't think she needs them either, Julie. I just read an article this week where the American Academy of Pediatrics was saying healthy kids with a healthy diet don't need multivitamins!