Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A day at the spa

For mothers day this year, I got a full day at the spa package. It was a "special Princess" package. Special because they changed it up and formatted it to fit me!! It was all Alysha's doing......... she is awesome!! My package included a facial with pore extraction, a spa pedicure, a spa manicure with paraffin dip, shampoo-cut- and style, and Lunch.

First, I had a facial, which I have never done before, but I absolutely LOVED!! I was nervous about the "extraction" part, but I have pretty clear skin so she did not have to work on my face. No little black heads on me... heehee. It lasted an hour and included a massage of my neck and upper shoulders. Wonderfully relaxing.

Next I went to my spa pedicure. It was nice, I have actually had one of these before, but she really took her time and I enjoyed it. Sometimes our feet need some pampering.....

Next I had a manicure. She only got halfway through before she had to stop, cause it was lunch time and my lunch had arrived. They have it catered from a local restaurant. They have a little cafe table set up and they had my food all laid out with place settings and cloth napkins. It was neat, all prepared for me..... the princess.

After I completed my turkey wrap and pasta salad, it was off to finish my spa manicure. First she did my paraffin dip, which was just OK. I did not like it so much. It was HOT. You dip your hand in this hot, hot, hot wax and let it dry(I say hot 3xs cause you dip it three times and each time hurts more than the last.). It dries like a latex glove on your hands. Weird. It was like watching my hands morph into some alien hand. Then they stick your hand in a plastic bag. They then take your plastic bag wrapped hand and put it in a soft cloth fingerless glove. So your sitting there like flipper... haha. Like I said, it was just O.K. It peeled right off after ten minutes and it made your hand slimy. Anyway, she finished my manicure and sent me on to the next department - my hairdo.

My hairstylist was awesome! She shampooed me and then gave me a scalp massage. I got sorta a new cut. She gave me lots of layers and side bangs. Basically she left it all long and layered it up! Here is a pic:


:) That is shayla after sissy put it up in a bunch of different pony tails.



This is me. Not a great pic. Doesn't really show my hair that great, but that is all I have uploaded. oh well....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The important thing is you had FUN!!! I love when Jimmy gets me spa days as gifts, they are my favorite.
love,
Katy

Katherine Ronachert said...

that is a GREAT gift!

Nilla said...

Yes, Alysha is so awesome!!! And thoughtful!!! You look so different with your hair parted that way!!!

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed your relaxing spa day :). You deserved it :). Loveya lots!!

Nicole said...

So sweet!!