Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fun on the River

As I posted previously, we are trying to make up for lost time and do some of the fun local stuff before we move. So, we got together with one of Jon's shipmates and Jon, Alysha and I went floating down Rainbow river. It is a big thing around here and we have never done it. Sometimes I wonder what in the world we have been doing for the last three years we have been stationed here....

It was fun. It is a four hour float. That is another reason we took the boat, in case we got tired, we could all get in and speed down the river. I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It is a clear river, more like a spring. You can see to the bottom. I just lay out on one of the floats, Jon tied me to the boat and floated and suntanned for hours. There is a natural current that just pulls you along, at a nice leisurely pace. After two and a half hours, we got tired so we tied all the floats to the boat and Jon drove us to the exit. We had a blast!!

There were two casualties: Nick ran over his phone, before we even got in the water and Jon took his phone on the boat and it got soaked. (I was the only one with sense, cause I left mine at home.) Still, we had a great time.

This is Jon and his friend Nick tying up all the tubes and floats into Jon's Little jonboat. Jon is still pretty bad off since his shoulder surgery, so he got to ride in the boat, while everyone else floated. :)
This is me and Nick's girlfriend, sitting on the tail gate waiting for the men to get it all tied down.

Posted by Picasa
This is all the girls. Look how tan Alysha and I already are. We look like sisters in this pic!! We took this right before we left.


2 comments:

Nilla said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had fun :). And you're right, you and Alysha do look like sisters!!! That's just cuz you look so young all the time. I'm jealous ;). Oh, and I love the pic of Shayla on the right. Well, I love all the updated pics. They look great :).

Katherine Ronachert said...

love the pictures on the side! where's alysha?