Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The babybean Adventures



If I had thought of it sooner, I would have named my blog... BABY BEAN ADVENTURES.... That is soo cute. (My nickname is Juliebean.... in case you did not get it... )

I had a terrible weekend. On Friday night I had a tightness in my left side in the abdominal area. I went to bed thinking my muscle was just tight. At 2:00 a.m. I am awake and in excruciating pain in my left side. I can barely sit, stand, or walk. It really feels like a pulled muscle to me, simply because there was one position I could get in while sitting or laying that would alleviate the pain. I reasoned that if it was a kidney stone or something terrible, I would find no rest or reprieve from the pain.

BUT, I am pregnant, so I was worried that something was wrong with the baby since the pain was in my abdomen. Of course, this was my hubby's weekend to work, so I call his barracks and wake him up. I am debating going to the ER. Unfortunately, he says they are working a skeleton crew and he cannot leave at all. poo. This is the hard thing about being military and moving around, I have no family to lean on.

My only choice is to wait til morning and leave when it is light outside. I wake Alysha up about 8 and she helps me to get dressed. I am not exaggerating to say that it took me a solid hour to change clothes and walk to my van. Whew! I am in SO MUCH PAIN! I can barely move. At this point I am a little afraid for my baby.

I drive myself to the ER. I had to park in the back forty and walk, I use the term "walk" loosely, up to the door. I am extremely lucky that there is no one else in the waiting room and they take me on back. The poke and prod me and take all my bodily fluids. An hour later, the diagnosis was simply, "we don't know whats wrong, come back if it gets worse." All my tests were fine, they did a simple ultrasound and the baby was fine. It was rocking around in there with a steady heartbeat. Their best guess? My Uterine wall was contracting. When they are releasing me, Hubby shows up. :) I love my hubby. I have cried alot laying there all by myself, it is good to have him there.

I am blessed I was literally only in the ER for an hour and a half. Total. They gave me pain pills, which was N-I-C-E. I did not know you can take this stuff when preggo. I called my OBGYN, just to double ck. His over the phone diagnosis of my description of my pain, "Your uterus is growing and it can be very painful." ? what's up with the Uterus?

I am blessed to have Alysha. She completely took care of Shayla and me for the next two days til dad could come home. (he immediately went back to work.) I popped pills and slept thru Sat and Sunday. By Monday I could walk and sit and move without horrific pain. Today I am all better. Was it my uterus or my muscles? Maybe it was a uterus muscle... down by my pelvic bone... hahaha.

4 comments:

Nilla said...

Glad it is all better :). What is up with the uterus, you're right! Darn crazy part of female anatomy ;).

Linda said...

If this EVER happens again, call me! I will take you to the ER! I have plenty of kids around to hold the fort here!

juliebean said...

Thanks Linda.. Be careful cause I may just take you up on that.. :) It was really scary to do it all alone. :(

Katherine Ronachert said...

ouch!!! and i know what you mean there should be stronger words for pain.