Thursday, July 1, 2010

Getting things done

I am finally feeling back to my old self, except that I am VERY TIRED. My sickness went away, but my energy level is still pretty low. I feel like I am accomplishing more and more every day, instead of less and less. :) Let me just say, it feels good to feel good!

I have ordered our homeschool curriculum for next year. My baby girl is in 10th grade!! There was much debate this year on what we wanted to use. Kinda tired of the boring old textbooks that give the same boring information in the same old BORING way. So this year we went with Sonlight, which we have never used before, but it encompasses english, bible and history. We chose teaching textbooks for math, Abeka for Biology, and rosetta stone for language (spanish).(thanks Linda for all your suggestions!)

That might be boring for ya if you don't homeschool, but I am stoked. It was VERY Expensive this year. That is the most I have ever spent. I know it will be worth it though, especially with the new baby coming. I needed curriculum that I can lead, but she can do mostly independently. I think Sonlight is going to meet our needs. By the time the baby comes in January, we will have done school for 18 weeks and Lysh will be in the swing of things. I will be able to be more hands on the first half of the year, before Junior arrives. :)

Coming up in my world: I am letting my girls go to my parents to spend 5 days without me next week. I am excited, but mostly apprehensive. I will enjoy the peace and quiet of JULIE time, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my girls. I will miss them intensely and the thought of being apart from them makes me a little nervous and sad. :) I think that makes me normal.

Also coming up is our week at the beach!! My cousin gets a free condo every year and invites us. We leave on the 10th (minus Jon) and get to spend 7 glorious days at St Pete Beach relaxing. Shayla is older this year and will be SO INTO the sand and water. Last year she was prissy and did not like the way the sand felt. She is much different now. Her sand box is her favorite toy!!

Finally, Jon is taking Alysha to her first Nascar Race. Jon is a HUGE Nascar fan, so he has been many times. She is a little unsure whether she will like it. I have been trying to convince her that either way, she can say she has been to a race and had the experience. who knows? she might LOVE it. It will be me and the monkey all day and night, cause it is an all day experience. They got FUNZONE passes, so they are leaving early. I am looking forward to chillin with my monkeylove. I do love my family life. :)


Here are two pictures of Shayla from the Beach Last year -

2 comments:

Linda said...

Fun times! It's amazing how much Shay's grown in a year. :)

Nilla said...

You will enjoy your Julie time :). It is good for the Julie soul ;). I know you will miss your girls, but they will be in good hands and it will give you time to refresh and relax and be ready to do it all over again upon their return! Oh and PS... Tell Alysha to STOP GROWING UP!! 10th grade!?! IMPOSSIBLE!