Wednesday, July 21, 2010

four months along

Went to the doctor today. Heard the baby's heartbeat. She said all is well. These appointments strike me as pointless. You show up, pee in a cup, stand on a scale, see the doc for two seconds... then your done. Of course, don't forget about the endless waiting in the waiting room and the exam room. Big fat waste of time... and speaking of fat....... I have gained four pounds. That would be total for my whole pregnancy. Four pounds in four months. It really does not sound too bad when you word it that way... But really it is four pounds in the last four weeks since my last useless appointment. :)

I told my doctor that I am tired from sun up to sun down and I sleep ALOT during the day and still sleep all night. It is so funny that every time I tell them I have an immediate problem they just send off for tests or cultures or whatever and I get nothing to help me feel better. So, her diagnosis of my unnatural tiredness? Thyroid. I have to go get bloodwork - I assume it is blood work - since no one explained to me. I just have to go to quest and either pee in a cup again... whoopee ... or let them stick a needle in my arm.... again. So, that means I wait until my next appointment... four weeks away.... to find out what is wrong. What do I do in the meantime? Sleep my life away? Luckily Shayla is so good and docile and likes to just play on the floor wherever I am napping. (and I have a teenager to keep an eye on her). sigh.

I did make my appointment for THE ULTRASOUND. The one where I should find out what it is. It is August 18th. I am excited about that. This is the exciting part of pregnancy for me. I love this ultra sound. Jon and the girls there with me as we find out what the new addition to our family will be. Sweet memories. I remember vividly the day we had Shayla's ultrasound. It was awesome. Since this will be our last Ultrasound Day, I will enjoy it thoroughly.

To end on a happy note... I got two new bags full of maternity clothes. Two different ladies I know were giving them away!! They are so cute and stylish!! i am wearing maternity now just to get some use out of them. Alysha is jealous cause I look so cute!! :)

2 comments:

Linda said...

Thyroid means bloodwork. I am an expert on this! :)

Nilla said...

Boo for bloodwork! That's yuck!

I remember when you had your ultrasound with Shay too! I was at work in T-town and you called me :)! I hope the same thing happens this time too :)!