Tuesday, November 4, 2008

my awesome weekend, part 2

Saturday
Saturday morning we got up and went to a community garage sale. Let me just say, that is the way to go. Just drive to one place, get out and hit garage sale after garage sale. Your not in and out, in and out of the car. It was fun. I got a few things for cheap. Shayla slept through the whole thing. Then we went home and fed Shaylily, got back in the car and drove an hour to see my old friend Wendy. She was having a family reunion and we crashed it. We had a great time. She met Shay and we talked, just like old times. She and I used to work together in D-town. I miss old friends. :) We stayed until the afternoon and headed home, what a full day!!








Meanwhile, I get a call as I am heading that way that my hubby is on the way to the ER. sigh. He has a Kidney Stone. That would be the second one he has ever had. Poor guy. He was at work and suddenly was in so much pain he thought he was gonna hurl. They gave him some pain pills and told him to go home and pass it, it was only 3mm. He went right back to work. (He is in pain, but still has not passed it as of Tuesday.)

Sunday
This day was exciting because I was going to see my mom again after seven days of no contact. She had been on a 7 day Caribbean cruise. We met with her right off of 75 in O-town. My mom has ALWAYS wanted to go on a cruise, this was her dream cruise. Unfortunately, she was sick the whole time. She said it was like being on a roller coaster for 7 days and 7 nights. (that would be my worst nightmare and the reason I will NEVER cruise) But, we got to see her and she got to hold the baby.

We left there and headed back to the Greek festival because they were supposed to have famous greek dancers from south florida there. Well, they didn't. In fact, they had an out of shape old man up there dancing in a very revealing outfit. haha. The music scared shayla, so we had to leave all the fun and sit outside. On the flip side, we tried a chicken soulvaki sandwich. It was very good. I wanted a gyro, but Alysha would not eat lamb. :( We went to the dessert section and they were pretty much sold out of everything!! Lesson learned, get your sweets early. I got Jon an eclair, me a baklava, and we tried Kok. Kok (pronounced coke) was strawberry cake layered with strawberry filling topped with whipped cream and strawberry glaze. It was really good.






Of course, everywhere we go with Shayla we get all kinds of attention. Every other person stops us to see the pretty baby, it is like going somewhere with a superstar. no autographs today...... tee-hee. She is a pretty little thing. Those greek ladies just oohed and aaahhhed over that baby. Greek people have the neatest accent. They also tend to be loud, maybe they were just talking over the festivities, idk?


At the greek fest with Shay. Isn't she precious in that dress? K. Darling, notice the socks on the little baby feeties. :) (Remember: you can make pics bigger by clicking on them. :) Meemaw)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oooohh! She IS very cute and you even put PINK on her! Way to go Mama!

Katherine Ronachert said...

ok, so i haven't read the post yet. i've got pink eye
GROSS
@#$!%%^
so this means my eyes don't like staring at the computer for any length of time.
just wanted to say that
I LOVE YOU!
thanks so much for your donation.
i will email you shortly so you can receive your fabulous, non exciting prize.
seriously, it's not a lottery ticket or anything.

Nilla said...

Awww... Meemaw looks tired!

I'm glad you got to see Wendy! And I'm sorry Jon has (had?) another kidney stone! Yuck!

Shayla's so cute...