Sunday, November 9, 2008

sleep precious sleep

Maybe I bragged to much about having a baby that sleeps twelve hours a night and jinxed it? My sweet little shayshay started waking up in the middle of the night about two weeks ago. sigh. I got out my handy-dandy baby bible and it actually said that babies who were sleeping through the night will experience irritability and interruptions in their sleep patterns about this age because of ........ TEETHING. I was some kind of spoiled putting that baby down at 8:00 every night knowing she was not gonna be up again until at least 8:00 the next day. The doctor said there are not any teeth coming through, but they will have the symptoms long before a tooth actually pushes through the gums. She advised me to give her some Tylenol, which I did and it works wonderfully. Still, I miss those perfect nights of sleeping without interruption....

For every one step forward I take, I feel like I take three steps back. Seriously. I look at the clock towards the end of my days and it is like, 4 or 5, and I think, "What have I done all day?" My days are a whirlwind and I cannot seem to get a handle on them. It is a wild ride and most of the time I love it. It is just that so much gets left undone. No matter how hard I try, my laundry piles up and my kitchen gets dirty. I will make valiant efforts to stay on top of things, but at the end of the day, there is so much I did not get done. Case in point: I decided last week I was going to get on the treadmill once a day. I decided I was worth making 20 min for me and so Monday morning I got up and said today was the day. At 8:00 that night I thought, "I don't know what happened, but I will not lose heart, tomorrow I WILL get on that treadmill." By Wednesday, I let myself off the hook. I am busy beyond words and I just do not have time to take care of myself. Luckily, all my clothes still fit me, albeit not as good. I love my family and friends dearly, but I never find time to get on the telephone. So, if you do not hear from me, just know that I am thinking of you guys often.


* Jon still has not passed that stone, but he is in plenty of pain.

2 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

poor guy!
i totally know what you mean about time. i've been busy all day and the only thing accomplished was dishes and laundry (just folding, that's how bad i've been!)
but i really think i couldn't do any more!
ha!

Nilla said...

I think it's normal :). You have a new baby! And there are so many new things that have to be done, whether you realize it or not :). And playing with Shaylily is more important than laundry any day of the week. :). Enjoy the small moments. Loveya!

And I hope Jon passes that stone soon!