Sunday, November 30, 2008

seven months old

My little ( and I use that word loosely) baby girl is seven months old!! She is teething up a storm, which is to say that she is in pain and therefore not a happy-go-lucky girl. Not fun for mommy. I took her to the doctor this week because she was pulling on her ear. Her ears look great, they said she was just teething. They weighed her and she was 20 lbs. WOW!! (Although they weighed her with her clothes and diapers on and they usually take all that off.) I just cannot believe she weighs that much already. Her legs are so fatty, they have like five rolls on them!! It is so cute. But, I do hope she slows down on the weight gain. Her belly just cannot get much bigger. I think once she starts crawling and pulling herself up, she will slim down. At least that is my hope. She is pretty much outgrown size three diapers.

She is such a big girl. They grow up so fast. She likes to play patty-cake now. It is so cute. She likes to mimic what you do. Her favorite thing to do is cough. She just laughs and smiles when you cough and then she coughs back. Babies are so funny. She is also into "real" stuff to play with. Like our real phone or remote control. Forget about all those "baby" toys down on the floor, she wants all the things she is not supposed to have. Isn't that interesting how babies do that. ( That is a trait that continues into adulthood for some people - always wanting what they don't have.)

She is not crawling, but scooting backwards across the floor. She can turn herself in circles on her tummy. It is hilarious, she is ALL OVER the floor. I think it will not be long before she figures out how to go forward. Then she will no longer be limited to one area - then she will keep me hopping.

And one final note...............ROOOLLLLL TIDDDDDDDDEEEEEE. The Iron bowl was so awesome. They kicked some auburn butt. Next week it will be the Tide and the GATORS!! I live in Gator nation, so this will be an awesome game!!!

2 comments:

Nilla said...

Good grief, I can't believe how much she is growing! And I also can't believe she's 7 months old! What in the world!?!

And though I'm not a big football person... I must give a hoo-rah for UA. Wow! First time in years, and I know they are celebrating big time!

Loveya!

Katherine Ronachert said...

you should strap a swiffer pad to her belly and bottom! what a way to get the floors clean!