Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Good News......

I may not be overly excited about having a baby at this time, but I have managed to find the positives in my current situation. My first thoughts were very negative about having another one so close to my last, but it turns out to be working in my favor in many ways.

1. I have all the Big Ticket items I will need. The crib, changing table, high chair, baby swing, car seat/stroller combo, bassinet. I am set as far as the expensive stuff goes and that is a HUGE plus in my book, since all this stuff was very expensive. I am proud that I let Jon choose the decor as classic Pooh in light green color, cause no matter what I have, it will all work. If I had used pink..... I would not be so lucky if it were to be a boy.

2. We will get a permanent fix IMMEDIATELY upon having this one, so I KNOW I am done. That is exciting to me. I can give away all the baby stuff as soon as I am through because I know, without a slightest hesitation, that I will not be having another one. :) That is an exciting thing. (I will be 32 when I am finished having babies.)

3. I kept some of my maternity clothes, just in case. So, I do have a good start on my maternity wardrobe, which makes me happy. I could not find any of the pants I had, which were nice ones, and that sucks, but I have lots of shorts. If we stay in Florida, that will work out great.

4. They will be almost 3 years apart and they will be able to play with each other. I think that is a good age separation. I have noticed how Shayla LOVES kids who are 5 or 6. She does not like to play with kids her own age, she feels threatened, but older kids she just follows them around and copies them. Maybe these two will play together. Alysha was, in essence, an only child, so she never had anyone to play with. This will be kinda cool. Two other friends of mine, who had babies within months of Shay, are trying - on purpose. So, this really is a good time to have another. :)

See, I can be positive. :)

2 comments:

Linda said...

You will be fine. Remember, children are a blessing from the Lord. You are blessed! Can't wait to see a sweet new baby. Hoping you are here when he is born. (See, I'm thinking positively, too!)

Katherine Ronachert said...

congratulations! 3 years is good distance. my boys are good friends, most of the time.