Sunday, May 23, 2010

I am what???

Two weeks ago......

Sunday, Mothers Day.... and I am deathly sick. I cannot get out of bed and I sleep all day.

Monday, day after Mothers Day.... Still sick, not getting out of bed if the house burns down. I am sure I have a horrible virus.... except that I am not throwing up and my tummy is not upset...weird. I slept all day and all night.

Tuesday and Wednesday I am feeling better but I am nauseous still and I just feel bad all over. What a weird lingering bug. Wednesday morning, I am sitting up in bed eating crackers before I even step onto the carpet. I make a joke to hubby that it feels like I am preggo.......

I break down Wednesday afternoon and call the doc for an appointment. I am so upset to still be so sick. I tell my hubby it does not feel like any virus I have had before, it feels weird. I am really afraid something is really wrong, really wrong. My stomach feels bloated and tight all the time. I am getting no relief. I made the mistake of starting this new book my hubby wanted me to read called, "the Makers Diet". It talks about all the diseases you can get from eating the wrong kinds of foods. It is all about eating biblically, which is cool, but it scared the crap out of me. I was convinced I had some kinda bacterial infection in my stomach.

WARNING: FEMALE SYMPTOMS APPROACHING - Men read at your own risk
Thursday Morning - still not much better. I remember something... I have had extreme breast tenderness. They seriously hurt. I tell my husband how ODD this is, along with all my other symptoms, I have all the symptoms of pregnancy. We laugh and joke about this, it is pretty funny. We KNOW I am not because I have an IUD. But, it is a weird coincidence.

Thursday Lunch time - Alysha, Randi, and I all head out to quiznos for lunch. (hubby was keeping the baby for me to have the afternoon off to go to the doc and have some girl fun). I am able to eat a little bit and I joke with my friend Randi about being pregnant. She thinks it is funny, til I tell her how my tata's have been so sore.... she seems concerned, but she continues to joke with me about it. We go to wal mart and I let my 14 yr old pierce the cartilage in her ear, she has always wanted to.

Thursday afternoon - Doctors appointment. I arrive on time to my appointment. They take me back and tell the nurse all my symptoms. I remark that I have all the symptoms of pregnancy, but that cannot be because I have an IUD. She tells me her horror story about how her IUD ripped out and how she had to go to the emergency room....why do people do this..... but she recommends I pee in a cup so we can rule out pregnancy.

I leave my sample and go sit back in the room. It takes the doctor thirty minutes to come back in. He walks in the room and says... well I have news, I don't know if it is good or bad, but your test came back positive for pregnancy!!!!

Shock. I just sit there and say "WHAT?" over and over and over. He was so nice and sympathetic. I just kept saying "this just can't be". He tells me some stories of patients who got pregnant with and IUD and everything was just fine. That is a good health care professional. He was concerned though, because IUD's cause ectopic pregnancies and that is very dangerous for me. I get an emergency referral to my OBGYN, I need an ultrasound immediately.

Alysha is waiting for me in the waiting room. We walk out of the building and I tell her I am pregnant and she is as shocked as I was. She just cannot believe it. As I am driving home, Jon calls. I lie and say it was a sinus infection. I wanna see his face when I drop this bomb.

Thursday night - 5:00. I get home and talk to Jon for a few minutes. Alysha and I look at each other and then I tell him the truth. We are having a baby! He was neither happy nor sad. He just looked like he was not sure what to think.

Friday morning - Doctor's appointment in G-ville. It is an hour drive to my doctor. We are kinda somber, hoping everything is fine. I am still hoping there was some mistake and I am not actually pregnant; although my symptoms say otherwise. I love my OBGYN. He comes into the ultrasound room (which is a 4-D machine. I love that thing), and he says I am definitely pregnant, now we need to see about this IUD. He begins the ultrasound telling me how if you get pregnant with an IUD, it can cause birth defects and other bad things. He shows me the baby, which is located in my uterus and says all looks great. the good news is that the IUD simply is NOT THERE ANYMORE!! It just fell out at some point.... JUST FELL OUT. You've got to be kidding me! He says that he sees this kind of thing in about two percent of cases, where it falls out. BUT, 99% of the time, the women come in because they KNOW it has come out, not because they are pregnant. sigh.........

Again I say, "You've got to be kidding me."

I am due January 2nd. I will be renaming my blog, in honor of my condition. I am currently deathly ill from the time I get up, till I go back to bed at night. This is normal and lasts till the thirteenth week. I am seven weeks along, so six more to go, maybe, hopefully.........

How is that for a Mothers Day gift??

5 comments:

Linda said...

It's a perfect "Mother's Day" gift! I can see why you were so shocked. I should NOT have been shocked about Carys since we were not using any BC. We just thought we were too old since we had tried to have another baby for THREE years! God has his own ideas, definitely!

Nilla said...

Okay, I so love that you told Jon it was a sinus infection just so you could see his face when you "dropped that bomb". Awesome. Oh chica. I miss you terribly. I'm still so excited for you :). It will be wonderful. Now to just get past the nauseous stage. It's coming :).

A. Love said...

I'm with Hila, I thought sinus infection excuse was too funny! Congratulations on your Mother's Day surprise and I hope you start feeling better soon! Anne

PS: I'm betting this one will be a boy!

Katherine Ronachert said...

what a great read! thanks for sharing!

Katherine Ronachert said...

ps i would've lied too, just to see hubs face. ;)