Monday, May 31, 2010

Taking it one saltine at at time......

I count it a good day when I have managed to make it through the day without running to the bathroom to hurl.

BEFORE:


The five weeks before I found out I was preggo, I had started a rigorous workout routine. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, usually right after I woke up the teenager. When I put Shayla down I would go outside and WORK in my yard. It needed some serious work. I have three beds that were neglected, and the whole yard cause my hubby is still hurt. I also worked out with weights during this time every other day. In the afternoons I would get 30-40 minutes in on the treadmill. I was determined to lose five pounds and get in better shape. So, I stayed as busy as possible.

AFTER:

Now, I just try to make it from the bed to the couch. Then I sit long enough to let it all settle (while eating saltines) and I go make shayla's breakfast.Then I sit again. Shayla is up and waiting for me, I can hear her the whole time talking and hollering and simply waiting. After I have eaten more crackers and feel like I can move again, I go get the monkey up and thus begins my day. It takes me about thirty minutes to make it through this routine every morning. How different from a few weeks ago. Isn't life funny?

The rest of the day I simply endure, until bed time. I do what I have to do to take of Shayla and keep myself from feeling so bad. I do walk on the treadmill everyday, it makes me feel better for about 30 minutes afterward. It did with my last pregnancy. Of course, I cannot go over the speed "3". No running for me. I move very slow.

I eat my saltine and my toastachee peanut butter crackers all the live long day. It is not going by too slowly now, like it was before. Like the little engine that could, I must remember, "I think I can, I think I can........."

2 comments:

Linda said...

Julie, try protein instead of saltines. My midwives were adamant about this and it did seem to help. I lived on cheese or peanut butter sandwiches for awhile.

Nilla said...

It's awesome that Shay is so patient too :). You are doing great! And the treadmill walking is so good! You will be a buff and in-shape pregnant woman! ;).