Sunday, October 14, 2007

eleven weeks - The name game

I am eleven weeks! It seems to be going by a little faster. My mother came down to visit me this week. I hope having company will make it easier for me, staying busy and going places. I have started walking around the block this week and getting outside with the fresh air seems to be lifting my spirits. I really have enjoyed it.

I have been pouring over baby name books this week also. The first question people always seem to ask me is, "Do you have any names yet?" It is still early for that question I think, but I decided to go ahead and get started. I have made the mistake of finding a few names I like and telling people those names. Oddly enough, people like to tell you how much they don't like that name. So, I have sworn my family to secrecy from this point on. I will not reveal the names I am throwing around so no one can tell me how ugly they think it is. lol.

There is one name that is already decided if we have a boy. His middle name will be David. It is a family name on Jon's side. I pretty much got no say so in this name. I do not like the name David, personally, but that will be his middle name. I told my hubby that the first name is all mine. He can only veto if he absolutely hates it, and even then, I can override. He was not to pleased with that. haha. Only seems fair to me! After all, I am doing all the work..........

1 comment:

Heath Hopkins said...

Oddly enough, I have a friend up here named John David. You could drop the 'h' and have a Jon Jr.