Thursday, October 4, 2007

OUR APPOINTMENT YESTERDAY

We had our doctors appointment yesterday, as you know, since I have already posted the ultrasound shots. It was really an awesome experience. I had my first physical exam, fun. The doctor told me all my lab work from last time came back normal and my lab work this time was great. That antibotic must have cleared up any problem with my bladder I was having. That is great news.

Then it was time for the ultrasound. I asked permission for the doctor to allow alysha to come in there, and they did not care. She really wanted to come and see it! It was so awesome! He had state of the art technology (his words). There was the BIG flat screen TV on the wall that he put the ultrasound on. So, Jon and Alysha and I watched the ultrasound on the BIG TV! I know I say this alot, but it was so different from the first time around. The baby was really active and he/she was moving around and flailing his/her little arms around. The doctor told Jon, "Dad, he's waving at you". haha. It was really the coolest thing. The doctor said that the babies at this stage usually sleep more often than not and we were lucky to catch him moving soooo much. He looked like a little peanut with arms and legs. He was able to show us the legs, arms, mouth and even the eyes! He was even able to give a 3 dimensional view. My uterus was tilted, so the doctor was having to really push down with the ultrasound thing. Needless to say, it hurt. He apologized, but man it did not feel good. Of course, totally worth it. haha. I think the neatest thing was watching Jon and Alysha. They were in awe. It was really awesome to experience it all together as a family. There is a real live wiggling baby in my tummy!!

The doctor measured the baby and put me back a week. He said I am not as far along as we thought. So, I will just be ten weeks this week, instead of eleven. That was not good news to me. I really question this method of determining due date, I mean, what if it is just a smaller baby? But, my new due date is May 2. It does not matter anyway, that baby is gonna arrive when he gets ready. I got on the scale yesterday and I had lost two pounds since my last appointment! The doctor told me not to get too excited, that it would start going the other way very soon. haha. I was surprised, though, because I have not thrown up any at all. I eat alot. I am still working out once or twice a day though. So, I am trying to stay healthy. I still think it is totally cool I lost two pounds, I don't care what that doctor says. lol.

This was the first time I had met this doctor, he is my primary ob/gyn. I liked him. He was young, but his hair was salt and pepper gray, which made him look older. He has a really soft voice and good bedside manner.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I am SO happy for you! I told you it would happen when the timing was perfect. May 2 sounds like a good day! 2 is my favorite number!