Tuesday, October 16, 2007

size eight and cross dressing

I put on my favorite pair of shorts this morning and they still fit great. (Thank you Kristy for all the clothes, I don't know how I ever lived without these shorts.) I just keep waiting for the day I am going to try to put on something and it is not going to button. hahaha. Dreading that day. I have not gained any weight as of yet. According to my pregnancy tickers, the baby on weighs an ounce or so.

Now, a funny story. Mom, Alysha and I went to Target yesterday to look at baby stuff. It was lots of fun to see all the stuff you can buy for baby. Anyway, we were leaving and this "woman" walks in with a short skirt and high heels on. I knew at first glance this was not a woman. My mother on the other hand, did not get it. First she says, "can her high heels get any higher?" I start to laugh and she says "that is the ugliest woman I have ever seen." I am rolling now and I inform her that is NO Woman. She stops dead in her tracks and stares at this man. Alysha and I keep on walking and head out of the store and my mom stands there and openly gapes at this guy as he walks by. lol. Alysha, of course, has lots of questions for me about why this would occur. I do not have any really good answers for these questions, this is not something you prepare for, ya know? I told my mom how rude it was to stare like that and her response was "If you are going to dress like that and go out in public, then you should expect people to stare at you." I do not agree with this philosophy, but she is old and can do what she wants to. haha. Needless to say, it made for great conversation for the ride home.

1 comment:

Nilla said...

Only Meemaw... Gotta love her. This gave me a HUGE laugh while sitting here at my desk. Personally, I'm with Meemaw. Not that I stare, but I definitely will look twice, just to be sure I saw what I thought I saw the first time. "That is the ugliest woman I've ever seen." Oh... this will have me laughing ALL DAY LONG. Tell her thanks for me :).