Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Doctor, Doctor give me the news!

I went to my check up today. They took my blood and checked my sample and all is well in me! We got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! It was so awesome. It was really strong. They said it was one hundred and fifty, which is apparently a good one. :) Jon thought it was really neat. Thanks to Nicole, I have one of those machines that lets you hear the heart beat at home, so we will be using that too. They certainly did not have those the first time around.

They set up the appointment for my next ultrasound!!!!!! I am so excited. We go on December 18 to have the ultrasound that will tell us the sex of the baby. Jon said today that if it is a boy he might cry. I want it to be a boy for my sweet hubby. Of course he will be fine with a girl too, he just says he will be outnumbered. lol.

Even better news, I only gained one pound! WOW! I ate alot this week while we were on vacation. I was pleasantly surprise to have not gained ten pounds. The lady who took my blood said I don't even look preggo. That will not last for long though. I have started wearing my size small maternity clothes. My jeans still fit, they are just tight in the midsection and after a while they start to hurt my tummy. The maternity shirts and pants I have that are smalls and fit perfect right now. I am not big enough to show, but I have a baby bump. (Note: I gained a total of three pounds, but I had lost two while I was sick, so for my pregnancy I have gained only one pound in four months!!!) I hope to keep my weight under control, I just don't wanna put on 80 pounds, that will be so much more I have to lose.

They also gave me a flu shot. I have never had one of those before, so i was skeptical. The doctor highly recommended it, so i decided to do it. I don't like shots. They also had some blood work done that tells if I the baby has a high risk for diseases like spinabifida and Downs Syndrome. It was optional, but we decided to do it. They said it does not determine whether your baby has one of these birth defects, only if you are a higher risk for them. He said some people choose to abort if they find out that they have a baby with downs. Of course, we would never abort, no matter what we found out. I was skeptical at first, I was unsure if i wanted to know. Knowing ahead of time would just make me worry, but Jon said there would be benefits to the test, so we decided to do it. Hopefully nothing will come of it. It is all in God's hands.

No comments: