Saturday, November 24, 2007

feeling it at seventeen weeks



I am now well into my seventeen weeks. I can now feel the baby move!!! It is so cool. I completely remember this part from the first time around. This is the first time I can say it is just like last time. :) It is not big movements, so Jon cannot feel anything yet, though that has not stopped him from keeping his hand on my belly to try. I really like this part, feeling the baby move. I cannot wait for Jon to be able to feel it. He will love that. Even better, when you get really big, you can see your stomach contort. Jon should get a kick out of that. I don't remember enjoying myself, it does not feel so good to the mommy. The baby squishes all your insides to make room. That will come later though, not my biggest concern.


I was reading on the internet about the changes that are to come. I had stopped doing that because these sites tell you week by week all the the things you can expect. Most of the time it is not uplifting, so I stopped reading about all the possible negative side effects I could possibly experience that week. But, since it has been a while, or maybe I was just bored cause jon left, I started reading them again. Apparently I am really supposed to start showing alot in the next three weeks. I should develop a melon ball for a tummy, one site told me. I don't like the analogy there, but whatever. I will start appearing to be pregnant soon, maybe. I do not know if that makes me happy or not. On one hand, I wanna wear my maternity clothes, but, on the other I do not want to be uncomfortably miserable too soon. Either way, I really dont get a choice, do I?


I still am not exercising at all. One site said that women can now expect to experience a truckers appetite at this stage in the pregnancy. I would amen that little statement. I am not sitting around eating bon bons. I do eat alot of fruit and fiber, as much as I can anyway. I do not eat as healthy as I should though. I guess I am just hoping and crossing my fingers that I do not gain a lot of weight. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing