Thursday, November 1, 2007

not so FIRM anymore


Getting pregnant really has cramped my style. I loved to exercise before I got pregnant. I used to work out alot and hard. There is this one workout video I had been doing about twice a week. Its called THE FIRM:TOTAL BODY WORKOUT. I liked it because it really does work your total body. When I started doing it months ago, I was using the lowest poundage and not getting through the whole hour workout. By the time I got pregnant, I was using the highest weights and doing the complete one hour video in full force. I loved it because it would make me sore in new muscle groups that I did not hit in my regular workout routine. So, basically, I really enjoyed working out to this video.
I have not used this video since I became pregnant, mostly cause I was so sick for so long. This week I decided I would do half of the video as my workout for the day. Now, I know I get tired alot easier now and I do not have the stamina I used to, but I really thought I could still hang with The Firm. Well, I geared up and put on my workout shoes and started my video and I am feeling pretty good. About two minutes into the video, I am hassling like a puppy (cause that sounds better than a dog). Man, this is a rigorous workout and I am thinking I just wanna sit down. haha. I keep up the good fight, trying to keep up and I am even using the lowest weights I have along with it. She begins doing leg exercises, lunges and squats and I am pretty sure I am not going to make it. At this point, Alysha is laughing at me. I must have been a sight, breathing heavy and barely executing the exercises. I finally turn the video off and I tell Alysha I was only gonna do fifteen minutes anyway. She informs me it has not even been that long, but I beg to differ. My body feels like I have been running a two day marathon. It is still questionable how long I actually did last, but I stand firm by my estimation of fifteen minutes, give or take. :)
I remember when my mom was here and we would go walking around the circle at night. I would get winded fast and not be able to walk as briskly as I used to. In fact my mom said she did not even break a sweat, while I am over there trucking it just to keep up the pace. (sweating and breathing heavy). I have one thing to say to you mom.... hard aye?

1 comment:

Nilla said...

Haha... gotta love Alysha... she'll keep you honest!! :)