Tuesday, September 16, 2008

exhausted and loving it

Babies are amazing!! What an awesome little gift from God. Shayla changes daily!! She is so interactive now. Everything she touches goes right into her mouth. She reaches and grabs for everything she can see. She is an amazing little person. She is so much fun to play with. She LOVES your attention. She will just smile and laugh and squeal if you get down and play with her. I will never grow tired of her smile.

Shayla was still feeding every two hours with no naps and yesterday I decided to give her two more ounces at every feeding. She now takes a bottle every 3 - 4 hours!! The best part is she will lay down for 30-45 minute naps. WOO HOO! So nice for me. That every two hour schedule was killing me! She was draining those four oz bottles, but I was scared to give her more. I asked the doctor about it specifically at the last visit and she was skeptical about it. Now, Shay is more satisfied and can rest easier. Lesson learned is this: Reading the books and asking the doctors advice is always good, but each baby is different and you should do what is best for your munchkin.

I have been giving her the rice cereal once a day, as prescribed by the good doctor, but it upsets her tummy. Yesterday I started her on Banana baby food. Her facial expressions are so cute. She really seemed to like the banana, but it also gave her a tummy ache. I tried it again today and she had a tummy problem. Nothing seems to go down well, poor little baby. I am going to try oatmeal cereal next, instead of rice. We will see how that goes.

I am totally exhausted at the end of my days. Taking care of Shayla is a full time job. I am homeschooling a middle schooler and I have all the wifely duties of a stay at home mom. You don't know what tired is until you add a baby to the mix. Don't get me wrong, I would not trade my life for anything in the world; however, I am truly bone tired at the end of the day. Each month gets a little bit easier, the older she gets. It is all flying by so fast. sigh............

3 comments:

Nilla said...

I want to see some of those facial expressions when she eats the baby food :). I bet they are some good ones!

Katherine Ronachert said...

caleb seemed to prefer the barley cereal... there were fewer reaction, bodily speaking!

Nicole said...

Harrison took a good couple of weeks until he handled the solids well. Hang in there and keep trying! It will work out! I know the tired of which you speak!