Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Four month doctors visit

Today was Shay-Shay's four month check up. She is now 15lbs 12oz and she is 26 inches. What a big, healthy girl. She had two shots in each leg and one she had to take orally. She did great. She cried just a little.

I asked the doctor about her inability to nap for me during the day. She said that I should not try to force her by laying her down and letting her cry. She said most babies at this age sleep just six to seven hours at night and takes a long two hour nap during the day. Since Shay sleeps twelve hours, she might not need a long nap during the day. I have no room to complain, I enjoy sleeping until 8:30 a.m.

Now for the good news. We can now feed the baby rice cereal!!! So fun. Alysha and I are so excited to feed the baby in her highchair. The highchair is still in the box. I got it out this afternoon and informed my husband that was his job tonight. :) We'll see if it happens anytime soon or if I have to do it myself.

I just LOVE all the firsts of babies. It am so much enjoying each day with this baby. She is so sweet.

1 comment:

Nilla said...

I expect pictures of her eating her rice cereal :). So exciting!