Sunday, September 7, 2008

Harley girl

Babies are the only ones who can have "firsts". As adults we get to do some firsts that are memorable too. A long time ago, when I was about 18 or so, I made a list of all the things I had not yet experienced, but wanted to do one day. It was simple things like fly on a plane, ride on a jet ski and ride a motorcycle. Now I can put a CHECK by the motorcycle ride!! One of my hubby's shipmates has a nice Harley and he came over to let me ride.



This is me right before my ride. We are sitting in my driveway.



It was fun!! I am glad I did it, ONCE. Riding motorcycles is not for me, but it was cool. I held onto that guy tight and giggled alot. LOL. I was scared but excited all at the same time. I think I was more excited to actually mark it off my list than to actually ride. I just wanted to be able to say, "yeah, I've ridden a motor cycle." My husband actually had a bet going with that guy that I would chicken out. He really did not think I would do it. GO ME!!

It is fun after all these years to look back my "goals list" and see what cool fun things I have accomplished. I have actually accomplished most of them at this point. It has been neat and I recommend this little endeavor to all you adults out there. Live it up!!

1 comment:

Nilla said...

Go Julie! Go Julie!

I have never had that desire... to ride a motorcycle. Scares me :). What can I say? But you are awesome :). Proud of you girlie! And totally understand the feeling of being more excited about crossing something off the list than actually doing the thing ;).

Loveya!