Thursday, September 13, 2007

Before Pregnancy After Pregnancy


BERFORE PREGNANCY

Before I got pregnant I was a very healthy eater. I had actually lost over twenty pounds by eating only things that were good for my body. I only ate whole grain, whole wheat bread, pasta and crackers. I made sure I ate two servings of fruit and three servings of vegetables per day. I never ate sweets or sugary things. In fact, I had gotten so used to this eating style, if i ever did splurge on a sweet treat I would get a headache from the sugar b/c my body was not used to it. I loved finding new healthy foods to eat that would be nutritious and tasty. I did not like white breads anymore, I craved wheat breads and wheat pasta. I had developed a taste for these kinds of foods and I loved it. I had actually lost two pounds BELOW my goal!! I was so happy. My daughter started calling me a health nerd.

AFTER PREGNANCY

My daily food intakes consists of only one kind of food: Whatever will not make me HURL. Mostly crackers. I eat a lot of crackers. The first week of my sickness I ate pretzels, finished off a whole bag, then the thought of pretzels made me want to hurl, so that became a no-no food. The next week it was simply saltine crackers. After one week of those I never wanted to see them again. Now I have become a cracker connoisseur. There are many, many different kinds of snack crackers out there today. I currently have ten to twelve different varieties to choose from, so that I can eat the one that matches my criteria (doesn't make me want to hurl). Every day is different, I just never know what will be the flavor for the day. There is one kind that I can eat anytime, it was also the one things I used to eat the first time I was pregnant: Toastachee peanut butter and cheese crackers. The library staff would remember this well. That is all I ate the first pregnancy. There are more options for me now. I don't know if that is good or bad. I just know that after this is over, I never want to eat another cracker again for as long as I live.

No comments: