Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The journey begins

I had my first OBGYN appointment today. This really made everything seem real. I really like my doctor I picked. There is a man and a woman and a midwife. The only part that is not ideal is that it is almost an hour away. This is the doctor's office alot of Jon's friends have used and they came highly recommended. I am glad I chose them. I met with the midwife today and she told me I am eight weeks and five days pregnant! Today was just a day to get my background and family history and to do lab work. No big deal. I did get some upsetting news. I have blood in my urine. Which could mean one of two things..... I have a UTI OR I have a kidney stone. That is very upsetting to me. The last thing I want is a stupid kidney stone while I am pregnant. They are soooo painful and there is not alot they can do for you while you are pregnant. She went ahead and gave me an antibiotic to treat a UTI. I hope that is all it is.

They set me up an appointment two weeks from now for my Ultrasound. Jon is off and we are exicted. She said it will not tell much, but they measure and can give a more accurate due date. She told me my due date is April 25th. Alysha is getting very excited. I told her when they start letting me hear the heartbeat she can come back there and listen. She is very excited about hearing the heartbeat for the first time. Jon and I are too. This is a really fun and exciting experience!

1 comment:

Nilla said...

I hope you don't have a kidney stone too. I know you were in such pain last time. I'm so glad things went well today and that you are all so excited :).