Saturday, February 16, 2008

29 weeks - 11 more to go

I am now 29 weeks pregnant. I feel good, I don't need naps most of the time, I have good energy levels, even when I work. I was having a problem in the bedroom. (not that kinda problem. hehe) My side of the bed is up against the wall and I was having a hard time hitting the pregnant princess room 2-3 times a night. I had to scooch down off the end of the bed. Well, that was getting complicated. So, my wonderful hubby rearranged the bedroom last night so I could roll my big ole self right off the side. Made a world of difference!

I have a nice little pig pot belly, so I cannot go anywhere without people commenting about it. The problem, as I have blogged earlier, is that people are stupid and say the rudest things. It's like, you get pregnant and strangers feel they are allowed to give you "advice" or tell you what they think about YOU. I have a few little examples. Katie and I were in Target and there was a nice lady there with her kid and the child spoke to us, so we spoke back. The woman then asks how far along I am. Common question, you would not think that that little question would envoke such thoughtless stupidity. The lady then proceeds to tell me that when she had her baby, her belly was not poking out that much until her ninth month. Let me give you a little picture of this 'nice' lady. The reason she did not see her pregnant belly until her ninth month was cause of all her fat. I can say that about her cause that is basically what she said about me. She is still a big girl, 50 - 60 pounds overweight, and she makes this comment to me. People kill me, they really do.

Another case in point. I went to my work to drop of my time sheet and one of the ladies comments on how I am now showing alot. I agree with her and she says, "either you have a big baby or you have been eating good." Ahhh, the wonders of stupidity, I believe these people are a few peas shy of a pod. I informed her that no I have only gained 11 or 12 pounds, this is a normal size belly. Idiot. Why bother? When I tell people that I am not due until May 2, they look at me like I have eaten a football team. SERIOUSLY. I mean, I really don't think I am that big, I know lots of pregnant women who gain 30- 50 pounds. I can still wear my regular jeans, buttoned under my belly, so I am not huge anywhere but in my tummy. ( I am thinking about just saying I am due at the end of April, I think it is the word May that freaks people out. I don't know.)

So, we go to garage sales today and without fail I get the same questions all day long. I had one little shining star experience. One lady said, "wow, you are so small, you must have been small before you got pregnant." :) These are the kinds of things you say to pregnant women, all you idiots out there. At the very next house I tell the lady when I am due and she says "you have a long way to go." sigh. whatever, just take my quarter lady. Save your personal opinions for your other customers. I never knew being pregnant and naming my baby would be such a public experience.

2 comments:

Nilla said...

Maybe they are missing the gray, slightly odd, misshapen peas in their pea pods ;).

Who I Am: said...

This is by far your most passionate blog yet Jewels!! I can hear your frustration seeping through each sentence and it is completley hillarious to me! I love your preggie belly. It is beautiful and perfect.
PS CANT WAIT TO UPDATE YOU ON YOU KNOW WHAT!!!!!