Monday, February 25, 2008

30 weeks - Buddha time




I only have ten more weeks to go. I feel good and I have lots of energy. My belly is bigger than ever, but I guess this is normal. :) My husband has taken to calling me Buddha. He gets the biggest kick out of my big belly. What an endearing nickname. sigh. We both agree on one thing though, this pregnancy is FLYING by!


Alysha has a nickname for me too. Since I do carry around all this extra weight, I tend to walk a little slower. I mean, where's the fire? When Alysha and I go to Wal-mart to get groceries and stuff, she will be walking and realize that I am behind her. Of course she stops and turns and waits for me, cause I get in a hurry for no one, I am after all the Pregnant Princess. Lately she has started calling me Turtle, due to my slow canter. Well, let these two family members of mine strap on 15 pound weight in the front and see how buddha-looking Turlteicious they turn out to be. I am doing the best I can with what I have to deal with.


It is so odd to look down now. It looks like there is a bowling ball stuffed up my shirt. It is so round and funny looking. My tummy really does enter the room before I do. It pokes way out there. I love mornings the best, cause that is when I feel the best. First thing in the morning, I feel great! By night time I am tired, my back hurts, my feet ache and I cannot get comfortable. I will give kudos to jon for giving me a back massage and feety massages. That makes all the difference in my sleep. I am really clumsy lately, but that can be explained away by the pregnancy too, apparently. According to the weekly email I get, you become more clumsy because your center of gravity is off. LOL. Also, my ligaments are relaxing and SPREADING. Which includes my feet and that means you can permanently go up a shoe size. Doesn't that sound just hunky dory? It is really amazing how God designed our bodies to go through this amazing miracle of life.

No comments: