Friday, February 15, 2008

Be my valentine


Yesterday was valentines day. I had to work all day so I wished my family a happy one and went to work. I told my husband ahead of time that I did not want anything for Valentines day. I think it is an overblown holiday where people spend money unnecessarily. I would rather get flowers on some nothing day, than on this "holiday". Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the day, I know many people love it. That is fine, I just think romance happens all year long and why do I need flowers on this day? Alysha and I planned to hit Walgreens the day after and get some chocolates half off. You know everything is 50% off the day after. :)




So, that said I came home tired and pregnant and made dinner. Then I sat down and let my family know I would be in the recliner for the rest of the night til bedtime. haha. My husband surprised me by giving me a box of Ferrero Roche chocolates! I really did not expect anything. It was a nice surprise and those are my favorite! When Jon got the mail, Alysha and I had both gotten a card from my mom. She sent us valentine's card and they showed up on valentines day! How fun. I like surprises. So next year I decided that I would make other people's valentines special too. It never occured to me to send my mom a card, that would have been nice. I will make up for it next year. :)

Later that night Alysha and I made valentines for her to give out Friday at her GLOW meeting. It was so fun making them together instead of just buying them from the store. It turned out to be a special day for us after all.

2 comments:

Who I Am: said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Who I Am: said...

Hey my sweet Julie! I couln't agree more about the silliness of such a day. I too, as you know, love to purchase all the 50% off plunder. I run into a problem however. Because I rarly give this holiday much thought when it comes time the following year to celebrate family style, I never remember to use all the goodies I have stached away. LOL. Oh well. Hearts are pretty on President's Day too right? MUAH!