Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Alysha's birthday - Saturday

Saturday was a great day. Alysha started the day by getting up early to hang out with her dad before he left for work. I did not get up with them, 7:00 a.m. is too early for me. I got up right before he left and gave him a kiss goodbye. Alysha and I stayed in our jammmies and watched saturday morning cartoons until about 10, then we decided to get ready. It was cold so Alysha has on her sweat shirt.

This is a picture of Alysha before we left. She had this great idea to take the camera so we could take pics and document the day. That did not happen, this is all we got all day. We left for Gainesville about 11:00. We went to The Olive Garden for lunch. It was so good. Of course, we had lots of leftovers to eat on the next day for lunch.



Next we went to the mall to shop till we drop. I was not feeling well. My stomach was tight, making it hard to breath and walk around. Not a good way to start our shopping trip. I was a trooper though. We started out in The Limited Too, but Alysha has really outgrown those clothes, in size and style. They are really little girlish. So, we then went to Rave, but there was nothing there for us. By this time I am feeling better, I had to sit down for a while in Limited Too, feeling lightheaded. Alysha is not a shopper, so at this point she is ready to quit and hit a TJ Maxx at a later date. She decides though to give Ambercrombie and Hollister a try. The first was a bust, but Hollister was a winner!

Hollister was great for me cause they have this great little seating area that has actual recliners for you to sit in. Awesome. Footstools and everything! Now, I don't know if you have ever been in Hollister, but it is extreemly LOUD in there. So, there I am, sitting in this little circle of recliners with other parents (a.k.a. Old People). I am beach whaling it, (all sprawled out), it was too funny. All the other parents are old, with gray hair, and they looked tired. So, the parent circle just sits and waits while our teenagers spend all our money. Alysha found some knee shorts and a cute little top that she LOVED. The prices were crazy, I won't shop and tell, but it was not a cheap outfit. Hollister did not even have a sales rack. This did not stop anyone though because the WHOLE time we were there, there was a LONG line of people checking out. I mean, it was never ending. I was amazed, really I was. In the parent circle, we would wait until our kid hit the front of the line and then get up to whip out our credit cards. haha. Too funny. I had cash so I let Alysha check herself out. I am all rested up now and I have my second wind.


We head on back to Olive Garden for dessert. Alysha wanted a piece of Lemon cake for her birthday, since I had some change left after that little Hollister trip, we decided to partake of this sinful pleasure before heading home. By now it is 3 or 4 in the afternoon. We have an hours drive home still. I think I have been Super Mom and made it to the end. No such luck. Alysha really wanted to go see her dad on her birthday. Since it was her birthday, I decided my tired body could do this one last thing. We drive all the way to Yankeetown, which takes over an hour and half from Gainesville. Spend an hour or two with dad, then we head on home. I have become completely pooped! We finally get home at like 8:00. My couch has never felt so good!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Nilla said...

Wow! That was a full day! But you are such a good mommy! And I love the depiction of the "parents circle" in Hollister. Particularly your "beach whaling it" and also the fact that you were the youngest (and probably the 'pregnantest') there ;)!