Saturday, May 17, 2008

Doctors visit



I took Shay to the doctor for her two week check up on Wednesday. I have been so tired, I am posting this a little late. :) She now weighs 9lbs 5 ozs!! What a little pig-aroo!! She eats 3oz every 2-3 hours, which is completely normal. Her weight and height are in the 90th percentile, so all is well.

This was my first time seeing this doctor. He turned out to be a condescending doctor who made me feel stupid. Don't you just love doctors like that? I was already nervous about making a mistake. This was my first time taking her out since she was born. He did a good job of making my worst fears come true. Fortunately for me, he is leaving the practice at the end of the month, so I will never have to see him again. Good riddance. He had no bedside manner, even Jon did not like him. OH well, I am too old to let his attitude bother me. I know deep down I know what I am doing, so I decided I would not let his snide attitude shake me. Yes, it has been a long time since I have had a baby, but I do know what I am doing. (he told me it has been so long, I am like a brand new mother. Although a true enough statement, the way he said it was like I don't know what I am doing. That is pretty much the way he talked to me the whole time.)

So, after the doctor, Jon and I took Shay to best place to eat in the world, Chick Fil A!! Have to break her in early. (Alysha spent the day with her friend, so she was not with us.) It was a good day, all in all. I was tired and ready to go home after all the excitement, as was daddy and shayla. We all went home and crashed!! Too funny!

She does not have to go back until she is two months, then she will get FOUR shots!!!!!! Ouch!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

She is such a little chunk! Precious!!!

Nilla said...

Doctors don't know everything anyway. You're her mom, and you will know how to care for her. You're not irresponsible. So he can just go stick it somewhere. Haha... I'm highly annoyed the doctor treated you that way. And I'm glad he's leaving. And I'm glad Shay is growing so well! And, she is adorable!

Katherine Ronachert said...

what a little chunker! oh my goodness she is cute!
i had an ob doc who was that way... needless to say, i didn't care for him either. jerk.