Tuesday, May 27, 2008

husband-ism and our daily adventure

Jon had to change a big dirty diaper the other. His comment when he got done, "It look like a yellow and green crayon exploded in her diapers.!" Too funny. Anyone with experience changing a newborns diaper knows just what he means.........

Jon kept the shay for me Saturday night so I could sleep straight through the night. Every time he got up to feed her, she would cry for a few minutes, at the top of her lungs. On Sunday I asked him what was going on cause she never cries at night like that. He gets this exasperated look on his face and says, "I don't know how you do it. I put a pacifier in her mouth and I go to make the bottle, then she screams so I run in there and put the paci back in her mouth. I run back to finish the bottle and she is already screaming again...." He was so cute about it. Do you know why it is so hard for men? Cause they cannot multi task like women can. I can hold that baby and make the bottle at the same time.

Enough about Jon. Today Alysha and I went to Ocala for a few hours. I had been at home for two days and I was ready to get out. We went to Target, then out to eat at Olive Garden. Then we headed to Rainbow (which is a popular clothing store down here) and then to Bed Bath and Beyond. It was a full day, we were gone three bottles long. (I live my life in two hour intervals, every two hours she takes a bottle.) That is about 6 hours. It was a full fun day. Basically, Shayla and I follow Alysha around while she shops for clothes. Here is a great example of how women can do ten things at once. I am helping Alysha shop in Rainbow. She is handing me the clothes she tries on to put back on the hanger. Sounds easy right? At the same time I am not only holding the baby, but feeding her a bottle. I hold the bottle with my chin, I have the baby in my left arm and I am putting the shirts back on the hanger with my right hand. Impressed? You should be. Motherhood is a skill. No man could handle all that at once.......

1 comment:

Nilla said...

Amen! We are women... Hear us roar!