Friday, May 23, 2008

exhausted and going stir crazy

I don't think I am going to make it. I am so freaking exhausted!! I only get a few hours of sleep at night, but I am so exhausted that I can't sleep during the day. Basically, I feel rough and it makes me ill most of the time. I need some good sleep. The funny thing is, Shayla does not do any really "good" sleeping. During the day she sleeps on and off all day, but she takes a bottle every two hours. At night she sleeps in between bottles and she only takes a bottle every three hours, which is good. She is awake alot during the day, which is good. She sleeps great at night, in between bottles, just not long enough for me to get any real rest. It takes her 45 minutes to take a bottle, then I have to change her. So, we are up for an hour. It takes me a little bit to fall back asleep, so I am getting about an hour to and hour and a half sleep in between bottles. It just isn't enough. I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.......

I am going stir crazy during the day. I just CANNOT sit here all day!!! I am up with the baby all night, so I do not want to just sit here and take care of the baby every two hours!! So, Alysha and I 'find' somewhere to go every day. Today we went to TJ Maxx, Bealls, Bealls outlet and K-Mart. Then we ate lunch at a Chinese place in Inverness. We managed to kill 4 hours out today. That is our goal, kill as much time as possible. Does that sound terrible? I just go stir crazy sitting in the house with Shayla ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT.

On the upside, Shayla is as good out as she is at home. She is sweet and such a good baby. I am becoming a pro at carting her around everywhere. Yesterday we went to the library with her and I ran errands all over Beverly Hills and Hernando and she is just content where ever we take her. That is nice.

I was reading my new blog friend ELKA's blog yesterday and she had a little prayer on there for sleep. I am saying that one with ya girl!! I am ready for my mom to come down this summer and give me a little break. I have a new found respect for women who do this all by themselves without any help. It is nice to live near family. (Don't know what you've got til its gone.) I will say, Alysha is a wonderful help. She gets up with shayla at her 8-9:00 a.m. feeding and lets me sleep. Without that little nap I get I do not think I would be here now, I would already have gone over the edge. :) Babies are wonderful, but tiring. (I can hear all the other mommies out there saying "AMEN")

Jon has been at work for a few days, but he came home today. He will keep that little pig-a-roo for me tonight, so i will be in much better spirits tomorrow. I am just dreading next week. He only has two days off. He works mon, tues, fri, sat and sunday. When I say he works, that means he does not come home at all. So the only nights he will be here will be wed and thursday nights. I am just DREADING next week. I do not have him coming home to help me to look forward to. sigh.... oh well. I guess this little one is breaking me in good. I think I will go ahead and schedule that doctors appointment for jon - snip snip.... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Julie. I wish I could come down and give you a hand. I will pray for you and the ability to get a little more rest. Hopefully she will start sleeping through the night for you in the next few weeks. We love you.
The other Sund family!

Katherine Ronachert said...

only a couple more weeks then it should get better!
it's exhausting!

Nilla said...

I'm glad you did end up getting some extra rest! You sounded wonderful on the phone on Saturday :). I'm glad Shayla is so good at "travelling" :).