Saturday, May 24, 2008

Rude awakening

My husband and I have a great relationship. That is to say, He puts up with me well.

Today I was holding The Sweetness and she was asleep. I asked my hubby to get me a glass of ice water in the blue glasses we have. Now I was specific about the glass on purpose, I like to drink water out of the large blue glasses. (Why? lots of reasons - none of them important to this story). So, he makes my water and sets it down beside me and lo and behold, it is in the WRONG blue glass. Wonderful wife that I am, I complain. LOL. (more like gripe, but, whatever).

Jon is used to me and he comes over to the chair I am in and holds out the blue glass I originally asked for and says, "I bet that it holds the same amount of water." He is frustrated with my particularness, but not upset with me. He is used to this kind of thing by now. Of course I take that as a challenge and I begin to tip the full glass of ice cold water I am holding to pour it into the empty glass he has right in front of me........... Do you see where this is going?

That's right, Jon MOVES the glass right as I begin to pour and I dumped a whole glass of ice cold water right on my sleeping baby's head!!!!!!!!!! Holy Cow! She did not scream, but she cried like her heart was broken. It was awful. She is very sensitive to cold, the wipes really upset her b/c they are so cold. This was terrible. It only got on her head, not her body. I literally just poured it right on her sleeping face. If you have ever wondered how someone could 'accidentally' pour ice water on your head, it is possible. I mean, talk about a rude awakening.......... (It's funny now, but at the time, it was awful. :) I blame Jon.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Poor baby! ...and poor Mama!(For previous post!)

Katherine Ronachert said...

poor little girl! but it made me laugh!

Nilla said...

I love how you started this one ;). It made me laugh to read your description of Jon "tolerating" you ;).