Wednesday, May 28, 2008

one month old

She is doing her exercises here. :) Look at those big EYES!!


This was yesterday. She loves to lay on her boppy (that pillow) and take in the world after a bottle. This is her routine.



My two girls today before we left for publix to get some groceries. Alysha is wearing her new shirt she bought yesterday. :)


This is Shayla's first outfit of the day. (I have already put on a new one, but she spit up on this one.) I love yellow on her (can you tell?). Pink makes her look 'washed out'. Unfortunately at Publix she was mistaken for a boy. Twice. Ouch. Her car seat is sage green, which could go either way. She had a pretty girly pink blank on the car seat, but her paci was blue. I think it confused people.

I cannot believe she is one month!!!!!! It drags by most days, but when you say it has been a month, it sounds like lots of time has gone by. That sweet baby.

I got out my baby books and read up on babies and sleeping and all that fun stuff. I am right on track with this baby. According to those stupid books, babies don't start sleeping 5 and 6 hours at a time until they are 3 months old. The fact that she only takes a bottle every three hours at night, instead of two like she does during the day, is good. She also does not stay awake and play after bottles at night like she does during the day. So, according to the books, she does not have her nights and days mixed up. Yet, I am still sleep deprived. But, it could be worse..................

I did read some interesting things. Babies sleep 15-16 hours a day, small naps throughout the day. (but mommies function on 5-6hrs a day, seem fair? I think not. lol) Also, colic does not usually show up until three weeks old. Interesting. No signs of that yet. I read about it and it sounds terrible.

According to "What to expect your first year," using a pacifier is dangerous and evil. haha. This book kills me. How many of you out there were irreversibly damaged by sucking on a paci? I think that book is just a little antiquated.

3 comments:

Nilla said...

Or it was written by someone who doesn't like pacifiers. Crazy. She is adorable!! Love the duckie outfit ;). Can't wait to get to hold her!

Anonymous said...

Well just be glad she takes a paci. Allie refused to take one and I really needed her to, LOL.
Also while those books are helpful no two babies are the same and YOU are the MOMMY therefore only you know what's best for her.

Katherine Ronachert said...

enjoyed all the new posts! i've been busy and haven't been able to read up as regular as i used to. she really is beautiful and i love daddy stories!