Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Its getting hot in here

I have been running a high fever since Monday. It has really been rough. I am so blessed to have my mom here to take up the slack around the house. She cooks and makes the bottles and pretty much does everything. Meanwhile, I am on the couch shivering and sweating. The nurse called me back today and the doctor said my fever is due to my milk coming in, as soon as it dries up, I will get better. I think it came in on Monday, so it should dry up soon. The nurse said you should use cabbage leaves as compresses for fifteen minutes four times a day. The cabbage causes a chemical reaction that helps to dry you up. I will definitely give that a try. I did breastfeed in the hospital for the first two days, but I was unable to continue due to blisters that were there before Shayla arrived. So, I had to start bottle feeding.

Enough about me.............. Here are some sweet Shayla shots!!!!!!!!


3 comments:

Nicole said...

What a little CHUNK!! She is precious! Ia cannot wait to hold her and kiss those cheeks! Feel better soon!

Nilla said...

Goodness that baby is pretty! She sure looks like Jon! (Okay, that sounds like I just called Jon pretty, but you know what I mean ;)). I can't wait to get there and see you guys! And I hope you feel better soon! I'd never heard of that being from milk coming in. Interesting to know. Keep me posted, chica. I have been worried about you and your fever. Love you!

Katherine Ronachert said...

what a sweet baby! i'm glad the fever is "ok". take care of yourself