Thursday, December 6, 2007

19 weeks

I am truly amazed at how fast this is flying by. December 18 will be here before you know it!! I recently read a book my friend Nicole gave me by Jenny McCarthy called Belly laughs. It was so great! I would recommend it to anyone who was expecting. I laughed out loud when i got to the chapter where she gave birth! So, funny. She described things I am going through that I did not even know were pregnancy related. Being pregnant really does a number on us females, men should be extra nice to us. (but, of course, they are not). I am having the normal symptoms: weepiness (I cry twice a day, seriously), frequent pee breaks (I go to the little girls room EVERY 30 Minutes), swelling feet (I have some tennis shoes I cannot even wear anymore), headaches (I have never experienced headaches like this before), and hormonal rages (I definitely have some new psycho chick living hormones now, but more on that later). I have not had the unpleasant symptom of staying hot, I freeze all the time, so that is one symptom I do have to contend with - yet. All in all I have had a relatively uneventful pregnancy and for that I am proud. Oh, and don't forget the heartburn. I have already went through a whole bottle of tums. I have some serious heart burn, nightly. I read somewhere recently that banana's are a natural heartburn reliever, so I have started this week eating some banana when it gets really bad and it seems to help, for a while. I will try anything! :)


But enough about my trials and tribulations. Don't you just love this time of the year? I do. I am not big on any certain day, like thanksgiving day or Christmas day. I love the season between those two days. I love the feel in the air this time of year. The weather cools off and it is pleasantly cool outside. I love hearing all the Christmas songs on the radio (my favorite is Breathe of Heaven). I love Christmas lights, others and my own. The Christmas tree is so peaceful to have up in the house. Most days I really look forward to it getting dark so I can turn on the lights. There is something special about this time of year that has nothing to do with presents. It has nothing to do with the commercialized holiday that you see in stores. This is the time of year we celebrate our saviors birth and it is the most holiest time of the year. It is a time to thank God for all of our blessings, because we are all blessed. Merry Christmas everyone!






1 comment:

Nicole said...

Blessed, indeed!!!! AHHH Yes, the fun stuff like heartburn... It seems like just yesterday! Can't wait to know what kind of peanut you have growing inside!