Thursday, December 20, 2007

Birthday/Adoption Day

Today is my birthday! I am 21 years old!! Finally, I am legal! No really, I am 25......... heehee

For my birthday I wanted to go get Chicken Minis from Chick-fil-a for breakfast and then go register at Target. That is just what we did!! We got up and went and had breakfast, Jon, Alysha and I. I LOVE Chicken Minis, they are SO GOOD! Then, we went to Target and did their baby registry. That was THE most fun I have ever had. I mean, I did not get to do this the first time around, so this was all new for me. They actually give you a little scanner thingy and you go around zapping all the stuff you want. How great is that? Jon, Alysha and I went from aisle to aisle just zapping stuff left and right. We picked out the crib bedding from there. Jon really had his heart set on it, and it was nice, so I registered for all of it. It is Classic Pooh. I would never in my wildest dreams thought I would use a Winnie the Pooh anything, but I did. It is the Sage colored set. They had pink, blue and sage, but I am not a big pink person. I actually had what I wanted picked out off the Internet, it was butterflies with purple. It was very beautiful, but my hubby asked me not to do anything purple. Talk about a man raining on my parade. sigh. This would have been a second choice, but it is really pretty. I like the color sage. Here is a pic of the baby book and scrapbook I bought that matches the bedding set.





















We spent over an hour just walking up and down aisles, trying to decide what to register for. :) So fun!!


Today is also a another special day. I now get to share my birthday with adoption day and it makes it so special. Today is the day Alysha was officially adopted and became a Sund. It was this day two years ago that Jon, Alysha, and I stood before a judge and she declared us a "family", united forever. It was second in importance only to our wedding day. Jon always makes this day special by giving her a gift. This time though we decided that we would let her pick out her own gift. (She is kinda hard to buy for now.) So we told her over breakfast that we were going to let her go to Target and pick out anything she wanted as her adoption present. Her eyes got as big as saucers. This is a kids dream, right? I did not give her a spending limit, I just said it had to be reasonable. I was really curious to see what she picked (and how much it was). After we had completed our baby registering, we turned in our scanner and started following Alysha around to let her shop. (First, we were so tired we sat down in the little eating area, all of our feeties were hurting!!). She went to Jewelry, then to clothing. She finally went to electronics and found two games she had been wanting for a long time. She ended up spending less than $50.00. It was fun. The whole day was special. What a blessed family we are.


Then we came home and I opened my birthday presents. Here is a picture:
















I got the three wise men to go with my willow tree nativity set. All I need now are the shepherds and the background. I LOVE willow tree. They also got me some butterfly earrings. It was really great. Jon is going to cook me dinner, with Alysha's help. Alysha and I have started cross-stitching some things for the baby. That is what I plan to do for the rest of the day, relax, cross stitch, and let my wonderful family wait on the pregnant princess. :)
(fyi - I am 29 today).


3 comments:

Nilla said...

Hey -- I'll let you be 21 if I can be 19 :).

Nicole said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS!!!!!

Heath Hopkins said...

Happy Birthday!