Thursday, December 13, 2007

Half way at 20 weeks

I am halfway there!! For the first time since I got pregnant I have started thinking about giving birth. I am not nervous or scared, mostly because I have done it before and I know what to expect. I was really nervous the first time because I had NO IDEA what to expect. Now, I mostly dread the aftermath, the recovering from it all. I was talking to a girlfriend of mine down here (she is on her third boy) and she is really nervous about the birth. I thought that was odd. It is the unknown that usually makes things scary. I am not saying I am looking forward to it, but I am not afraid.



I am planning on getting an epidural this time around. But, I am not banking on it, so I will still be ready with my Lamaze. I only say that cause I know there are always things that can go wrong with the epidural. Sometimes it does not "take" or it only works on half of the body, things like that. Let me just say that Lamaze is a lifesaver. For any woman who has given birth naturally, as I have, Lamaze is amazing. I could not have done it without it. I do hope this time around that I can have a pain free, as much as possible anyway, birth. But if I have to go natural again, it does not scare me.



The way I look at it is this. One way or another, this baby will be coming out. It cannot stay in there. Epidural or not, I will have a baby and the pregnancy part WILL end. Hallelujah. It cannot last forever. So, the thought of going into labor is kind of exciting because I know I will finally be at the end, this part will be OVER. Then begins a whole new chapter in life. :) I am looking forward to seeing the look on Jon's face when he meets baby sund for the first time. It will be priceless. Maybe I am not scared because it was so uneventful last time, there were no complications and I just suffered through to the end. I handled it once, I can handle it again. Either way, I am blessed to have such a peace about the whole thing.


Tuesday is the big day! We are all so excited. We have been counting the days until the ultrasound and now we are so close.

No comments: