Thursday, December 27, 2007

Surprise Christmas Visitor

We were sitting around after dinner Christmas and I get a strange phone call. I thought it was one of Jon's shipmates calling and playing a prank so I hand the phone over to Jon. Now, we don't use our home phone, so we don't give the number out. (We only have it for internet purposes). Jon hands the phone back to me and tells me that it is not for him. It turns out it is a woman from church I have made friends with. She has a little girl named Jasmine that is one year older than Alysha and they are great friends. They are also homeschoolers like us and we really like them. She was calling to see if she could come and visit us. I said sure, come on over!! Here I was feeling all lonely here in Florida and then Emily calls and wants to come over and visit. She is a really neat person and we have a lot in common. We have really hit it off. They came over for an hour or two and just "hung out". What a GREAT Christmas surprise! We took some pics before they left. Emily has three kids, Jasmine who is 13, Archie who is 10, and Jon who is about one year old. (Archie stayed home with his dad)





Alysha is taller than Jasmine, of course, she is such a tall girl. Jasmine is such a sweet girl and a great friend to Alysha. I am wearing a black shirt with a pair of black pants. It looks like I am wearing a black dress, I am not. I look misshapen. heehee.

No comments: