Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another first - for mommy


I checked off my list another first. I rode a horse for the first time. There is a homeschooling family that gives lessons here in my county and Alysha and I decided to sign up for a ride. I just wanted to see how I would like it --- I didn't. Horseback riding is not for me, but I am glad to say I have done it and put a little 'check' on my "I've always wanted to do that list!"





Alysha is quite the PRO rider, but she has done it before. My experience was quite different from hers. I was nervous. When I get nervous I tend to "chatter" mindlessly. Getting on the horse was quite the "ungraceful" sight. The whole time I was on the horse, the owner was walking us around with a lead line. I am sitting there hanging onto the horn for dear life. (still just chattering about just how scared I am). We went around three times and I never did relax. End result, I DON'T LIKE HORSES!

Alysha on the other hand had a great time. She impressed the horse owner from the very beginning. She swung her leg over that horse like she has done it all her life. The lady commented that she could tell she had riding experience. Alysha got to hold the reins and control the horse. (UM, I never even saw the reigns, I only saw the horn.) Alysha used the reigns to turn the horse around and stuff. I just walked in a cirlce three times and "ungracefully" fell off that horse. In case you did not know, horses are big, big animals. I did not like being that high up and it was hard to get on and off - for me anyway. Apparently, I have a big ole head cause I had to use her husbands helmet, hers did not fit. That stupid helmet kept flopping to the sides. I was scared to let go of the horn and fix it - lol. What a goober I am!! (that must be where Shay gets her big head from........)

My beautiful girl!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nilla said...

I'm proud of you for getting up there and giving it a try!! Great job! They are big animals, you're right. So great that you got to check that one off your list!

Loveya!

Nilla said...

(And P.S... I love what you wrote about how Alysha used the reins and you didn't even see them. Hahahaa... Alysha should take it up if she has any interest in it. I think she'd enjoy it. And she'd probably really do well.)

juliebean said...

Yes, Alysha's lessons start today actually. She is going to start once a month lessons, see how it goes. How fun for her!!

Anonymous said...

That was your funniest blog ever! hahahahha. I like the part about the "big ole head". That's funny. The teachers helmet was a little big on me. hehe.