Thursday, October 30, 2008

Lions, foxes, and birds.......ooh my

We have birds that live in our garage. They have a nest in there so we try to leave the garage door open as much as possible. (remember, I live in a bird sanctuary). Yesterday, Alysha and I came home from running errands and as I came into the house a bird flew in!!! Right over my head!! I was not scared, but freaking out a little. I mean, what do you do now? Alysha, on the other hand, was scared, so she is panicking.

Thank goodness my hubby was home. He starts shouting out instructions to me from the couch, where he was sitting holding Shaylily. How did he immediately know what to do? I mean, there is no handbook in the parenting manual that says, "what to do when a bird flies into your home." (For that matter, there is no parenting manual. ) He tells me to close all the bedroom and bathroom doors. He then proceeds to open the doors and tries to 'shooo' the bird out the doors.

In the meantime, Lucky Sunshine, my little lion/kitty has decided he wants a piece of the action. For some stupid reason, that bird starts flying real low and Lucky gets his lucky paws on it. Don't worry, Jon got to Lucky before he could really hurt him. Lucky did have that bird cornered on the floor, under a desk. Lucky had himself and real, live playpretty! Needless to say, we had to lock Lucky up in one of the bedrooms, for the birds sake.

Jon managed to get the little birdy out the florida room door and outside after a few minutes of flying around. We were afraid it was gonna hurt itself in the house, banging against stuff. At one point it flew into my fake tree I keep in the corner. haha, too funny. (just a side note: Alysha hid in the bathroom until all the fun was over.)

Yesterday afternoon I saw a Fox walking around in my back yard. How cool!! It was such a beautiful animal up close. He just walked from the backyard to the front yard and then headed off into the trees. (I have woods on each side of me.)

3 comments:

Nilla said...

That's too funny! And really funny about Lucky Sunshine. And Alysha. I can't believe she hid in the bathroom! You have a jungle in your back yard :).

Katherine Ronachert said...

that was funny! our house currently smells like skunk 'cause elliott decided to shoot a couple near our home. we don't live in a skunk sanctuary. in fact, i actually condoned this death. there are some nasty ones here!

Lysha said...

Whatever! Birds are freaky-deaky!! Especially i they land on u!