Sunday, October 5, 2008

Routinely pink

I hate pink. Why does everything baby girl have to be pink? I hope you noticed my new template background. It is pepto bismol pink. Although I do have strong negative feelings about the color, I think it looks good. Especially with all the baby pictures, since she is wearing pink alot. It looks more like a baby blog. Still, I wish they had a purple one... I still don't know how to choose one that is not on the list. Maybe one day someone can show me. I see other people's blogs with background templates that I KNOW are not in blogger, they somehow got a new one off the Internet. one day......



If you know me well, you will know that I LOVE routine. It is what keeps me balanced and makes my world spin round. :) Shay and I have a great routine. She wakes up in the morning and plays in her crib. I can hear her through the monitor as I am still half asleep/awake. Eventually her coos become more insistent, which wakes me up. I know she is getting ready to fuss if mommy does not show up soon. I always comply with her wishes. I head into her room and lean over the crib and talk to her. She just smiles and her whole body is electrified, she is just soooo happy. I turn on her little crib monitor light thingy (that is the technical term), and I go make my coffee and eat my breakfast. About 20-30 minutes later I go pick her up and feed her. She is so excited and happy. Thus begins our day.



Our day winds down at bath time, which happens promptly every night at 7:30. I get the bath ready while someone else in the family gets her undressed and then she takes a nice long bath. I like to let her play as long as she wants, it is so good for her to get out of that diaper for at least 20 min. (I rarely use desitin, I believe it is because I let her little bum soak every night.) :) After our bath, we go lotion up and get dressed for bed. Then is my favorite part of my day, when I rock my baby girl to sleep. Actually, it is every one's favorite, so Jon, Alysha and I take turns rocking that sweet baby girl. She is taking a bottle by 8:00 and down for the night shortly after. sigh....... I love routine.

1 comment:

Nilla said...

Yes, the pink really stood out when I got here! Definitely a change! There are a lot of places you can visit to get a different layout. pyzam.com I think is one of them. And another might be cutestblog.com, but I'm not positive on that.

Also, sorry I missed your call. I got it about 40 minutes later (I was upstairs) and didn't want to call you at 11 p.m. I miss talking to you girlie!